Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since I saw the 'pestana' undertail on someones bike on here I have been trying to get one. All the web pages listed in the searches were wrong, but one of the phone numbers was right. I called and talked to Jose. (By the way the correct web page is http://www.bikepartsforyou.com) Anyway, he told me the best way to order the undertail was through his webpage using paypal or on ebay. Well, when I try to check out for my purchase a message comes up from paypal saying that he cannot accept payments. I tried a few times and finally gave up. I searched ebay hi and low but never found anything related to this guy. So I called him. He tells me that there must be something wrong with his web page and he will check it out as soon as he can. Well after a couple of weeks waiting and trying to checkout, I call back. He tells me that he has not forgotten about me and will let me know. All in all I have been waiting for well over a month. (just to order)
My dilema is that for $300 this thing comes painted, takes about two weeks to get, and most importantly makes me horny
Basically this is the one I want, but I am wondering if this guy is legit or shady or what? If anyone on here has had any dealings with this company, please share. I would hate to have to settle for second best (well in my opinion anyway)

Thanks in advance

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BTW, I also e-mailed them asking about the problem but recieved no reply.
I would just call and order it over the phone, but like I said, I am worried that they are shady and I would hate to lose out

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got one of them about 2 years ago. Bought it off ebay. There is nothing else that looks like these on the market. A few problems I had with them was the lack of communication, they were very hard to get a hold of. Also the piece was nice except for a few finger prints in the paint and body filler still showing on the sides. And the brake light is very dim, when you actuate the brake lights its barely visible in the sun. Also there is no place to mount your liscense plate. But once installed they do look really good.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: (drewbush)

I got mine with no problems. The quality was ok, l.e.d was real dim as stated b4, fit was good. I went with the Dassault for my 02 now. Better then the Pestana I think.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (lokar)

I bought a used one off of eBay last year and it is fine. The LED had the right signal fail. So I looked up their phone # and called. I talked to a female named Yoly. I cut out the LED unit and sent it to them and they replaced it (or repaired it) free of charge. But, I will admit, it is difficult to deal w/ them. Mostly because of the language barrier. If you are able to get one, you'll like it.

I wouldn't classify them as "shady." More like "not in a hurry."

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Anyone deal with Pestana (undertail)? (lokar)

Purchased one last year quality is first rate ,no problems here .I pick it up in Miami they are good people ,and the girl is possibly the best looking girl I have ever seen.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
He did say something about going to a show in Florida.
As for good looking women, how about the one under your name.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: (lokar)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lokar »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">As for good looking women, how about the one under your name. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah Speed....man, when are you gonna post up the original full sized shot?! we wanna see it already !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts