Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Scott and I missed the WSBK race this morning. I know that people post the GP races. Can the WSBK races be posted to? If so, could someone do that so we can watch it? Thanks!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Anyone able to post WSBK race? (tattooskickass)

I recorded both of them today, but don't know how big the files are yet. When I get home tonight, I'll see if I can shrink 'em down and post a link to them to be downloaded.

To hell with copyrights!®

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Anyone able to post WSBK race? (Gerg)

Sweeeeet

If you don't have room let me know and I'll see what I can do about posting some/all as well.

Cheers -

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Gerg »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I recorded both of them today, but don't know how big the files are yet. When I get home tonight, I'll see if I can shrink 'em down and post a link to them to be downloaded.

To hell with copyrights!®</TD></TR></TABLE>

Awesome! Thanks! Hopefully you are able to.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Anyone able to post WSBK race? (tattooskickass)

missing races blows and i don't do DVR.....here in Ohio, Speed runs the races during the middle of the afternoon usually......you know, when most people work

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Anyone able to post WSBK race? (throttlehead)

dammit!! i knew i was forgetting to record something today... damn you speedtv!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Anyone able to post WSBK race? (MaliciousBraham)

I had it in my head that the races were supposed to be on some time this afternoon. So at about ten minutes 'til noon I figured I would set the TiVo, and wouldn't you know it, the f%$&#*@! races started at 10 in the frikkin' morning!

So I got to see about the last three laps of race 2.

Ironically, I just recently got my TiVo unit (mainly for just this kind of thing). But I haven't yet figured out how to get it to automatically record the races I want to see, without recording every single show that's even remotely about motorcycles...

I'll figure it out eventually...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Anyone able to post WSBK race? (AZ Scott)

gerg: are you getting the files off your tivo via a network? and if so teach me how

AZ Scott: you need to set a 'season pass' for the shows you want to record all the episodes of. then when youre watching TV and you like a show, hit the thumbs up button, or if the show sucks, hit the thumbs down button, this will help it 'learn' what kinda stuff you like. I've had mine almost a year now and its pretty well trained.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Anyone able to post WSBK race? (Dezmo)

Replay rocks.

I've got them both and are burning them to DVD as we speak. Each MPEG-2 file is 2.3GB in size (per race) so if someone wants to host it I'll be more than happy to FTP it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dezmo »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">gerg: are you getting the files off your tivo via a network? and if so teach me how

AZ Scott: you need to set a 'season pass' for the shows you want to record all the episodes of. then when youre watching TV and you like a show, hit the thumbs up button, or if the show sucks, hit the thumbs down button, this will help it 'learn' what kinda stuff you like. I've had mine almost a year now and its pretty well trained.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Is that it? It takes a year before it "figures it out"?

I already turned off the "suggestions" format, because if I recorded one show, next thing I know there are 20 other shows in the memory that have some kind of resemblance to it. Screw that.

And how can I tell it to record WSBK when the name of the show is "Motorcycle Racing"? I have no desire to record Supercross, Motocross, Arenacross, Enduro, Speedway, Drag Racing, etc.......... But these shows are also called "Motorcycle Racing". Can't you just specify a key word in the description, like "superbike" or something like that? Am I missing something?

These are the kinds of things I need to figure out, because for now the only way I can be sure is to program stuff individually, and that's why I screwed up today!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Anyone able to post WSBK race? (AZ Scott)

if you set a season pass for 'motorcycle racing' on speed, it will record all bike racing on speed, yes. Its mostly roadracing, but lately they have been showing a lot of speedway and supermoto, as well as the occasional AMA flat track race. I just weed thru what I do/dont want to see and delete what I dont want. Once the WSB and GP seasons get started, they will be speed's exclusive MC content most likely. ESPN and ESPN2 usually only show motocross and supercross, so dont bother setting a season pass for those channels

It takes at least a month or so of letting it learn before it will start understanding you...it wont delete any of your chosen shows, it will just use what available space there is on the hard drive. You dont even have to bother deleting them, as they are the 1st things on the chopping block if another show needs more HD space. If the show really offends you, while youre veiwing its info screen, hit thumbs down on the remote, it will never be recorded again.

one more note about tivo, if you want to keep a recorded show past a week or so, make sure to choose the 'keep until' option and set 'keep until I delete' that way it wont be deleted at all, even if other shows need more HD space

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

10:00 SBK races what kind of crack they smoke in Speed TV? Please pass it around.. Thank you Speed TV for the favor to air the frist round of Superbike 10 o cock... in a working day!!
I would prefer to see it over Great White's Stupidious show!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: Anyone able to post WSBK race? (Giannis)

I worked on Race 1 last night, but it's just too big. AVI format is damn near 1 gig, so I exported it as a smaller QuickTime movie, but even zipped it's about 240 MB. I have no where to host a file that big, so I don't think I can help. I can burn it onto a high-quality video CD, but again, that's no help. Raw, the recorded shows are nearly a gig, too, so it's just very practical.

I have a Mac, so I'm using EyeTV which is like Tivo, except that it records directly to my computer. I have all kinds of exporting options from there, but to get the size down to anything reasonable, the picture ends up really small.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Don't worry about it, Gerg. Thanks for trying, though! I'll just be more careful about perusing the schedule to find out where they buried our races...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts