Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty interesting..... and a long read.

Flints Project Testbed, RC51 build thread - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Probably get a ton of crap from the RC purists, but you have to appreciate the amount of work he's put into it and the fact that he literally started with nothing. I think the exhaust looks stupid the way it's routed, but there are things that everyone would do differently on any build that is posted. That radiator needs to go. He still has a long way to go though.....

The latest picture is at the top of this page (not for the faint of heart):
Flints Project Testbed, RC51 build thread - Page 33 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

·
Registered
295 Posts
If you look at it as a cobbled together mock-up of a concept bike, then it actually has a certain appeal.
If you look at it as a project bike, then I'd say it needs a bit more work.

·
1,061 Posts
I just wish I had the access to that amount of equipment.

I personally love street fighters. I think the guy has some good ideas going. That swingarm is pretty sweet IMO.

Don't know about he final product, but the guy has some talent.

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's different, that's for sure. I really like the swingarm, though it would look way better with an SP2 swinger.

I guess what really caught my attention was that he started without knowing what he was doing with certain things like trying to make a fiberglass tank. Even though it didn't work out, it's nice to see somebody trying something new, and even though he gave up on the tank, he kept going with the project. And what is obviously a lack of funds, like talking about finding good scrap to mill stuff out of, or scoring the frame for $25.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts