Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I'm going to sell my 05' 1000RR and buy a dirt bike. Sorry guys. I seem to have a hard time riding anymore. No time and not very many people to ride with and they roads are getting more dangerous. I have a friend who has an 05' CRF450R who wants to sell it for $4600. It's been ridden about 4 times, that's it. It has been a long time since I have ridden dirt. Any info would be greatly appreciated. thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Anybody know anything about the CRF450R? (Utopia)

just saw an o4' on ebay for a buy it now price of 4600. Don't ride the dirt, just broke my collarbone 2 weeks ago just messing around on a 250. dirt hurts
. sounds like a good deal though, and i will continue to ride the dirt also

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats a good deal! I bought mine new, with a heap of gear for just under 8. Fun bike, managable, lots of room to grow once you get the dirt riding down. I have about 30 hours on mine, and not a problem yet.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
do yourself a favor and go check out thumpertalk.com

I was looking at the crf450x and heard that some or most have soft valve seats and have some head problems.. I ended up getting a better deal on the KTM and I liked the components on the KTM better but it was my decision. IMO the CRF is a great bike but make sure it was a 1 year prob. before u commit.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It only takes 1st place in every dirtbike comparison since it's debut..... it's the ultimate dirtbike, best of the best.

It's a Honda dude. They've always made the best dirtbikes....always.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (Eric04)

justin, i have an 03 crf450 and worked on at least 9 racer's bikes... call for anythin ya wanna know or when you wanna ride.. .we'll take ya

buy the bike ASAP! for 4500 you can bring it here and we'll make ya $500

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (JonnyRocket)

I've seen Jonny's videos out on the dirt track and it looks damn fun!!
Brings back memories of BMX racing and the first chunks of metal inserted into a broken arm tho . . .

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i have one, i have raced mx for about 10 years and never ridin a bike as strong as the 450, almost to strong. If you plan to ride tracks the weight of the bike will wear you done intill you get used to it. it is heavy, but fast. Handles very well once you get the suspension dialed in. if you have never ridden a 4 stoke dirt bike on the track it will take some gettin used to compared to a 2 stroke. 2 different animals

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: (Cozzb)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Cozzb »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">do yourself a favor and go check out thumpertalk.com

I was looking at the crf450x and heard that some or most have soft valve seats and have some head problems.. I ended up getting a better deal on the KTM and I liked the components on the KTM better but it was my decision. IMO the CRF is a great bike but make sure it was a 1 year prob. before u commit.</TD></TR></TABLE>

it's not the seats.. it's the Ti valves.. they mushroom... $70-$90 apiece from honda keep an eye on the valve lash, it's a key indicator when the valves are sinking into the head, otherwise it's a rocketship

anyone have questions on rebuilding the twin chamber showa's pm me

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Anybody know anything about the CRF450R? (Utopia)

CRF's = Vtwin sportbike
2 stroke= inline 4cyl sportbike
4 stroke= cruiser

The best way I can compare the CRF to other things is what I wrote above. To me, they seem to rev forever compared to a normal 4 stroke (XR), and they have a much wider powerband compared to a 2 stroke. Heavier than a 2 stroke though. I ride a KDX200 and it's the perfect bike for me. Not a track bike, but I never have and never will ride track, only woods and trails. I don't know where everyone else rides, but for the kind of riding we do around here, these monsters like CRF450's, KX500's, CR500's, etc, would be useless. I rarely get out of the 3rd gear on my KDX. The 450 would be waaayyyy too much bike for me, unless it was a supermoto.

Also, I know more people that have got F'ed up in the dirt (racing) than I do on the street.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Anybody know anything about the CRF450R? (Josh D)

Like some of the others have said this big bike will give you a hell of a workout. I gave mine up for a 450R quad because it is a little more forgiving when you ride it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Right thats it..

The bike is sweet don't get me wrong. I just wanted something else.. Lord knows I've owned hondas almost exclusively.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: (Cozzb)

Thanks for all the info. Johny I'm sure I'll be calling you. I can't seem to make up my mind on what to do. I'm going to go ride the CRF this weekend and see if I like it. Jen keeps on telling me I'm going to miss the street riding and I just got my bike done.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: (Utopia)

yea jen says you'll miss it untill you sell the 1000rr and buy yourself the CRF and her a XR200 (or something that'll fit her) and all the gear you'll both need with the money you got from the 1000rr.. you should call chad at SXS next door (507 387 RIDE) and see what he'll give you for it (and maybe snag her a dirtbike in the deal).. then come riding with us

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

The 450f is a beast. In all reviews of bikes it has come out on top. If you want a really good deal go the route I did. A 02 yz426. Since the 450's came out everyone has dumped the 426 and the prices fell rapidly. Now with the 06 aluminum frame 450 yz coming out the prices should fall that much more. You can probably find a 02 426 for around 2300-2500 in good shape. The power delivery is perfect. I can ride right with my buddy on his 04crf450. The 450's from honda and yamaha in 03 were WFO balls out flying. Honda still has too much power to tame for most riders and yamaha tapered their power down to make the power more controllable. The yamaha is bulletproof IMO.

I'll second that on the collarbones in the dirt though.

Let me know if I can help anymore. My friend I race with has the 04 crf and could give more specific info if needed.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: (mulisha00)

um, $4600 is a f'kn fantastic deal... they're going for better than $6000 for an 05... justin, i have a guy in town here lookin for a 1000RR... email me with what you have on it, what you want for it and a couple pics and we might have you roostin dirt in no time...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.