Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just came back from Cleveland where I picked up a wrecked '05 R6 to turn into a track bike...the bike has decals on it "Motor City Madmen"...anybody know anything about this group or how to get in touch with them? I want to find out the history of this bike (got the Carfax report - involved in a collision with another vehicle - ran into a car, I guess).

While I was up there, I went to a big salvage dealer, Cycle Therapy, to see if they had any '05 parts...none at present. However, the owner, Dave, said that he had an '04 coming in later that afternoon and I should come back and take a look at it. I did....bought it, too. Only 2391 miles on it when the kid did a wheelie and it went all the way over....looked under the seat and it has a new Power Commander 3, sweet. I got my buddy, Jonathan, to fly up to help me drive back and he fell in love with it so it will be his....we are going to get matching bodywork and paintjobs.

Drove home with two wrecked R6's in the back of my Silverado....got lots of curious looks.

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Section8superbike said:
Yup, everyone that works here.:D
Well....if that is true, then who in your clan smacked a vehicle in a black '05 R6 Raven? I would like to send him an email asking the particulars of the accident. I have an Oakland County police report number but have not pulled the accident report yet. Am curious as to whether he was the individual who removed the can from the bike and broke the subframe in order to get the alarm system out of the bike before it went to the salvage dealer. Just curious...I only wanted it as a track bike with my own setup so don't care one whit about any missing pieces or damage. I am quite pleased with my new toy but am scratching my head wondering what kind of life it lead. Wouldn't you?

Any help?

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Capt. Home Slice said:
Google. Works every time...
Please enlighten me, o wise one. I found 67 entries for "Motor City Madmen" and not one of them was these guys. Lots of bands, NFL Fantasy Football, etc.

Walk on Water - The Motor City's True Madmen (Live Review/InterviewWalk on Water - The Motor City's True Madmen (Live Review/Interview). by Keith Henderson. From Aural Innovations #5 (January 1999). In the last 10 years, ...
www.aural-innovations.com/issues/issue5/wow02.html [Found on Google, Yahoo! Search, MSN Search]

·
Ducatilicious
2,425 Posts
:D Typically Goggle gives the best results. I was going to do the search for you but since I didn't get a good find in the first 10 links, I gave up. I've seen Metallica and Hello Kitty stickers on bikes before so it's probable that one could put a Motor City Madmen band sticker on there. Maybe it's a "Nuge" fanclub. Did you find any venison sausage in the storage compartment?:)

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Capt. Home Slice said:
:D Typically Goggle gives the best results. I was going to do the search for you but since I didn't get a good find in the first 10 links, I gave up. I've seen Metallica and Hello Kitty stickers on bikes before so it's probable that one could put a Motor City Madmen band sticker on there. Maybe it's a "Nuge" fanclub. Did you find any venison sausage in the storage compartment?:)
No, actually it is a riding group.....there is a pic posted on the Tail of the Dragon website showing three guys, Jeff, John and Jeff, standing next to their bikes with a caption saying they were part of the Motor City Madmen.

·
King of the pork sword!
506 Posts
Capt. Home Slice said:
Maybe it's a "Nuge" fanclub. Did you find any venison sausage in the storage compartment?:)
Hey Homeslice, you want me to bring some Veni to the club meeting at Cauley??

:woot:

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
roadkill said:
Well....if that is true, then who in your clan smacked a vehicle in a black '05 R6 Raven

I believe the question you asked was Anybody here live in or near Detroit? cotrrect?:cool:

So my answer of Yup, everyone that works here pertains to that.:D

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
SIZMTRZ said:
Never heard of them but I'm in Detroit so I wanted to chime in! :woot: Hey Section 8... do you take trade ins??
Hey, no buttin' in. Go start your own waste of time thread just like I did. :cool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts