Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Read some threads about the stuff and found a source to buy but some tips would be appreciated

I am going to do a couple small magazine holsters to start

I also am wondering about the plug making ability of the Kydex for mold making for simple composite parts:confused:

might try to use it for my 999 custom exhaust shield, will have too see

TIA Mark

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Kydex

From what I read I would not use Kydex for the Plug. To much Texture and if you are vacuum forming something over it would not have the strength to hold up to the vacum and the heat from the resin curing.

Best bet for a plug is something that is easily machinable heat and resin resistant and is solid.

Kydex for a Holster is a good choice though because it does vacum form well.

·
Premium Member
14,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kydex for a Holster is a good choice though because it does vacum form well.

great useful info, thank you

i was hoping the VB it for some holster type of projects

I actually and not thinking about a mossberg 500 barrel holder. I made a makeshift PVC one with copper pipe foam insulator wraps to slide in the PVC tubes to hold them but maybe this Kydex will be a better fit

thanks again for your help

mark

·
Registered
240 Posts
I've used it for interior commercial purposes a few times....no big secret here, but, if you use a dremel or similar to cut it...use a slow speed or you'll melt it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.