Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Anybody gonna be at Barber on the 12th? (LDH)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sp2pilot »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You want to meet my member?

Geesh
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I've seen your member, your much bigger on the internet...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

That's a cool shot, Mike.

One of these days, we're going to load up the rig and head out to Barber. It looks like an awesome track to ride on. The way things are going nowadays, it might be cheaper to stuff all our bikes and gear in a crate and air-freight it out there than to drive!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

OK......I'm clueless. What's happenin at George's Sandbox this weekend? And which one are you...the guy in front or the guy in back on the pic?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Anybody gonna be at Barber on the 12th? (AZ Scott)

No matter how you do it just get it done!

This track is awesome it was well worth the 15 years I had to wait to get a "home track" LOL

It's very technical & requires constant attention, you never get to let up or relax at all during a lap & most importantly it is a riders track. Big HP & fast bikes just doesn't mean all that much there. The good riders always go quick & the wannabe's always get their ass handed to them regardless of what bike they are on

RK, it just another trackday with STT, I couldn't get in with NESBA last weekend & just barely lucked out with a spot that came open due to a rider injury for this weekend so I am stoked to sneak a trackday in where I hadn't actually planned on riding

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Anybody gonna be at Barber on the 12th? (roadkill)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by roadkill »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">which one are you...the guy in front or the guy in back on the pic?</TD></TR></TABLE>

He's the guy in front (notice the nuke warning sign?) that's fixing to have his ass handed to him by the guy bihind him.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Anybody gonna be at Barber on the 12th? (RC BS)

Ok, so how'd it go? I was gonna motor over from Hotlanta but got roped into doing other things. Hope you had a good time. Was Mark Shelton (older guy) there instructing? That guy is awesome fast on his 450 thumper motard.....just smokes everyone on their crotch rockets every where he goes.

STT is a first class operation.....Monte and Bonnie are very professional and caring....even if I did dang near take out Bonnie on her two-fiddy on their Mille tester....she was sorely peeved......I still kid her about it. In my defense, the rule for letting me ride the Mille was to follow Aaron Clark (Aprilia Cup Champion) and when he pulled unexpectedly into the pits, I followed him even though that meant cutting Bonnie off....turns out he thought I was okay by myself and just decided to pit to wait for the next session...only he didn't let me know. I guess the brakes on that two-fiddy must be pretty good.

So...tell us all about it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Anybody gonna be at Barber on the 12th? (roadkill)

It was the most exciting track day I have ever been too in my life... I had 3 HUGE ASS SAVES! It rained all morning long & I got a 6 foot 110mph 2 wheel drift coming out of the back kink & got it back, then lost the rear in turn 2 on a drying track after hitting a puddle & it pitched me right out of the seat with the tires actually screeeching on the asphalt as it tank slapped back & forth & I got it back, then for the grand finale I went through some more water seepage streaming across the track in the last turn before the front straight & when I hit the rumble strip she kicked out, slapped & pushed me into the grass which was actually about 3-1/2 inches of muddy water on top of bermuda sod (slicker than greased owl shit) & I rode that out for about 900 feet with the bike just wiggling & wagging like mad back & forth on the grass knowing I was gonna go down at any second... I was making little tiny baby inputs on the bars trying to counteract the oscillations of the bike & the more speed I scrubbed off the harder it became to keep it upright... Finally got it stopped just in front of turn 1, waited for some bikes to come by & got back on the track, tippy toed through 1, 2 got up to about half speed into 3 then braked to let some more riders have the line before merging back in at speed & HOLY SHIT NO BRAKES!!!! so off the road I went again into the grass until I could get them pumped back up or figure out what was happening... Had some weird ass clutch problem that won't allow me to shift into 1st or 2nd below about 5000 rpms. Can't for the life of me figure that one out cause it works perfect when I am bangin downshifts at speed it only gives me grief when I back off & ride like you would in a parking lot, along those lines I managed to force it into 2nd after we had slowed for a red flag & when I goosed it after choppin the throttle trying to get the motor to load/unload she went straight up for the sky & I mean UP, I got a big ass chewin for that one, but man it was the best time I have ever had at a trackday even though we had water on the track during the entire event it was just awesome & I ran extremely consistent 1:39's the entire afternoon until the last session when I started slippin into the 42's

Mark Sheldon was running the show & was on his Ohlins suspended Tuono kickin ass & takin names

Modified by LDH at 11:12 PM 6/12/2005

1 - 9 of 9 Posts