Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since it's cooled down here in southern Ohio, my RC runs like a scalded dog!:rockon
I guess since it's not in the 90s anymore, the air is denser, thus making more horsies! :p

·
Registered
361 Posts
The RC, and I think v-twins in general, is very sensitive to temperature. Cooler, more dense, and less humid air makes for a completely different bike.

·
Registered
2 Posts
All my bikes have run better when cool. I think all engines run better when cooler, thus liguid cooling making more power than air cooling. I thought higher humidity = more dense? Or am I thinking barometric pressure?

·
Member #5686
997 Posts
I don't know if it's faster or not, but I do know my bike gets a couble decibles louder when it's cold out. Nightime @ 10 celcius it is SO much louder than during day when it's low 20's.

Either way, the inline's are green envy no matter what the temp :notworthy

·
Anger managment patient
3,474 Posts
The humidity affects atomization of fuel more humid means more moistier less fuel. Dry air is good and the usually is accompanied by lower temps. I know from racing for decades my bikes prefer 50-60 and optimum was 54. To cold and the fuel stays a spray not a mist. To hot and that same mist almost evaporates and becomes harder for the motor to get that same volume for optimum power.
Air pressure and density also affect sound waves.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts