Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As stated, they came in the mail yesterday, and I am going to start fitting them up over the next week or so. They are Attack, and they seem to have most of the holes already marked pretty well. Anything that I should look out for?

I also picked up a set of dzus fasteners from kurveygirl. I still have to install my rearsets, scotts damper and swap my tank out once the spare is finished getting welded up.

Everybody loves pictures:

·
Registered
326 Posts
I'd start with the large hole above the intake and work my way out to the stay mounts, once that is up you should have a pretty good idea on how the rest is going to line up. Make sure the drill bit is sharp and drill very slowly with light pressure. Once you have it mounted you can put the lower under it, it easier if the bike is on the stands. Put some blocks of wood or whatever to get the height you need. The tail section is a breeze just slip it over and line up the upper holes. HTH

James.

·
And Stateside again...
2,537 Posts
They look like they won't fit at all...
You could just ship it all to me...
Totally Kidding like all Body work taking your time is key.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Use 2" masking tape to hold the the lower in place to install the dzus. Just drill though tape and all. Also start with small holes and increase sizes to desired size. I`ve always used small pieces of duct tape where I`m drilling holes. Keeps the bit from walking, and keeps the glass from fraying.

So what scheme or color ya gonna paint the bad boy?

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I'm not really sure what I am going to do for paint. I've got a few ideas running around in my head right now. I won't be able to afford a decent paint job for a little while, so it will probably stay primered for now. These are just too nice for me to screw them up with rattle can (which I suck at for some reason)

I really like the old f4i with the red wing on white, but I also like red on black too, like the British superbike paint scheme

Kinda like this:

·
And Stateside again...
2,537 Posts
That paint scheme is very nice. The old F4i scheme is one of my Favorites as well. There is a red/white 929 on my local forum that I am drooling over to use as a sporty tourer. Too bad I am short on Funds:banghead:banghead:mad:

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you all for the tips, I'm making progress.....

Just have the tail left now. I finally installed my scotts damper last night, it's only been sitting on the shelf for about two months. :banghead

The tail will be getting fitted tomorrow. Is it just me or is the oem tail a pain in the ass to take off? Every time I pull it off I think I am going to break it. It's a pain with the reservoir on the right and all the electronics on the left. Is there some super secret way to get it off that I don't know about?

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looking good so far.

Do the "bladerunner mod" on your rear brake reservoir. Helps a little bit with getting the tail section on and off.
Thanks, it's been pretty easy so far. Where the lower meets the upper isn't quite as perfect as I would like, but after sitting in a box for seven years, they still line up fairly well. All the holes are in the right places. The only modification I'll have to is to make a small cutout for my kickstand to fit.

Yeah, I just removed the reservoir and plugged the hose. I will have to get some tygon hose online. Once I take the res bracket off with the dremel, it will be much easier.

I think I might do the stick coil mod too, as that will free up a little space on the left.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts