Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at a 1998 748 that is for sale in my town. It has approximately 12,000 miles and the owner said today that is is up to date on all service (and has the receipts to prove it.)

The bike is in serious need of tires, but that is the only thing I see. The bike has never been dropped (moving) but was laid down in a garage resulting in a very small scratch on the right side plastic and mirror. The owner wants $7,200 but I don't know if that is a reasonble price. If it is reasonable, I would like to talk him down whatever the price new tires would cost.

When looking at a Ducati, is there anything in particular I should be checking? I own a 72 Honda and 03 Triumph but have never owned a Duc and don't know exactly what I am looking at.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks, Dave

·
Registered
114 Posts
Thats a little high.

I picked up my 2000 748 with 1800 miles on it for $6300. And that was never dropped...not moving or standing still.

Take a look in the classified sections here. You'll get a feel for the average price for a bike in that condition.

Also try cycletrader.com. I did a search for 98 and 99 748's average price was 7k but they were all never dropped and most had losts of aftermarket parts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts