Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Slightly Unstable
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im picking up a set of rebuilt forks, but they have some cosmetic scratches so i figured why not try to paint them. ideally they should be disassembled and either powdercoated, or anodized, but im not looking to do that much. Im thinking some spray epoxy gloss black on the upper tubes. id be curious to see if anyone else has done this and if they had any success. please post pictures if you have any. (already did a search and couldnt find anything).

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Not sure but wouldn't the build up of paint on the surface make it a tad difficult to slide them back into the triple tree, close tolerance fit and all?

·
Slightly Unstable
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the mil thickness wouldnt be all that much, and with the pinch bolts loose im sure they would slide right through. people do have their forks powdercoated, and some suspension builders even offer this as an option. I was hoping to see some pictures of RC's with black fork tubes. I picked up some epoxy spray enamel that has a very durable finish to it that i think would hold up well so im going to give it a rip regardless.

·
Slightly Unstable
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
and for that matter has anyone ever use the VHT anodizing paint? Im going to paint my forks with the VHT epoxy paint, and try to do the caps with the red anodized paint.. if nothing else ill be the test dummy for this stuff. :wacky

·
1,061 Posts
Looks pretty good. I still like the color of the stockers though. I personally like the contrast.

I'd like to see some sliver ones IMO.

·
Slightly Unstable
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the black rc forks on the sf bike look nice.

i also like how the forks came out on that vfr (the fake ohlins look). not that i would want to have something that i was trying to pass off as something else, but the fact that they came out look so good is nice to see.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts