Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any other Moriwaki Engineering Distributers? Because I am sick of dealing with Big Valley Honda. I finally saved up enough money to get the stage one full system and they can seem to get their act together. I have been trying to order for 2 weeks. Their customer service sucks! No one calls you back, and they never seem to have an answer to your questions. I guess they do not want my $1300. All I want is a new f***ing full exhaust. Anyone have any suggestions?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Any Other Moriwaki Distributers Besides BVH? (hawkin)

Easy there, Tiger.

Call BVH and ask to talk to Marshall. He handles the Moriwaki orders. He'll hook you up. They'll have to order it. BVH is the national distributor.

BVH is a very successful business. I'm sure they are very busy. If you don't get through, keep calling.

Modified by rc996 at 1:00 PM 4/15/2005

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Any Other Moriwaki Distributers Besides BVH? (rc996)

i did talk to marshall. it was like i was talking to a brick wall. he answered none of my questions and very little knowledge of the moriwaki product line.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Any Other Moriwaki Distributers Besides BVH? (hawkin)

PM coming to you. Sorry to hear about the trouble. there hasn't been much action on VTR exhausts in the last couple years. I'm sending you Bob's email. He handles the direct interface with Moriwaki. I just got mine, so I know hey are still available.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've also delt with Bob on a number of occasions regarding Moriwaki parts and have nary an unkind word to say about him. If something is amiss with their customer service, I'm pretty sure Bob will be able to set it straight

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I emailed hime days ago and I called once, let a message. I haven't heard back. I think I am going to give it up.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hawkin, did you try that other place that I emailed to you? Also I know that if you have contacts in Japan, Sato (aka - Babyface) makes a system for the VTR.

Modified by RC51racer at 3:11 PM 4/18/2005

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It was actually the IM I sent you, not an email. Did you get it? It contained a link to a Mori distributor in England. Sato doesnt list the system on their site because they have never sold the system here. I believe its marketed under the Babyface name in Japan. There are a couple of members on this forum namely RC51inJapan that have contacts in Japan. I put out a page for him on the RC thread to check this thread out and hopefully give you some assistance.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am not interested in overpriced crappy two bros, or el cheapo D&D that they offer at pipecity and all over everywhere else. I am only looking for high quality Full systems. I just found out today that Akrapovic discontinued there full System. Bummer... BVH is a joke... no customer service what so ever so no Moriwaki for me.... it looks like I might just have to learn how to weld and build my own.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm pretty sure everyone discontinued their full systems for the VTR. I checked around on your behalf today and I found that Yosh and Leo Vince at one point made full systems for the VTR but they are long since departed. Also since I bought my bike with 2 Bros. slip-ons, I can vouch for their lack of quality. Pieces of crap compared to the Mori's or even Yosh's I had on my RC51. In all honesty if your motor is internally stock, then the stock header should be more than adequate. What I suggest is that you go with whatever slip-ons make you happy and have the headers jet coated. This will give you a slight performance increase and dramatically increase the appearance of the stock headers. Lots of Aprilia guys get this done with good results. Just make sure you have them coat the inside and outside. There are also a number of finishes available if you dont like the polished look.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Unless they have it in stock, the system will still have to come from BVH because they are the national distributor. Maybe the people at BVH would respond better to another dealer ordering from them.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I my engine is not stock, stock header is trashed from rubbing the pavement. I am screwed for owning a super hawk. every one discontinued their full systems. The Moriwaki is discontinued as well as the Akrapovic, M4 and everyone else. Does anyone know of a custom exhaust builder in the US?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Mori will still make you one. If Rand (rc996) just got one then I'm sure its attainable. I guess the only problem is the logistics, apparently. BTW, in what state of tune is your engine right now?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts