Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into buying a 2005 motor but will not be putting 2005 radiators on it. It is for a dune buggy. I was wondering what the difference is between the rads for different years? Will it hurt the motor if i run different year radiators?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also

also...are headers any different between years?

any differences regarding nay of the motor related parts would be greatly appreciated

thank you

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
Since you are useing it in a custom fabrication you needn't worry about any of the concerns brought up. The header pipes from both sp1 & 2 will bolt up to either engine just fine. Since you don't have a swing arm to worry about then you are good. Same with the radiators. There would be slight differences in how they mount up in the frame, but for your use it will not be an issue.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Rads are NOT the same in all years!!!

00-01 are the same and 02+are all the same.

The 00-01 or what we normally called Sp1 has the Temp. sensor on the left of which the 02+ does not have it. The fan mounts are different and so are the fans. Not swapable between sp1 or sp2. I should know this first hand. I guess it is possible to used the sp2 rads on an sp1 but you need some extra wires and a few other mods I would assume.

Intakes are larger on the sp2 but should plug and play by what others have posted in the past.

Not only because the ports on the sp2 are different but the left mid pipe routing or bent is also different due to the sp2 swingarm as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts