Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
headed to monterrey/laguna area this weekend for a car show and some vintage racing are there any cool motorcycle shops/dealers to check out when im in the area? havent been there in quite a while...thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: any cool bike shops around laguna/monterrey? (Qwak748)

You could have seen all the cool bikes you wanted about a month ago.

Let me guess, you're going to look at cars.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: any cool bike shops around laguna/monterrey? (trussdude)

my shop is in Salinas.

It is pretty cool, well it is today as the fog came in early. Tommorrow it may warm up but it will be cool again in the evening

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Dan Kyle's shop is in the Monterey industrial park (Sand City as it is called LOL)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: any cool bike shops around laguna/monterrey? (trussdude)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by trussdude »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You could have seen all the cool bikes you wanted about a month ago.</TD></TR></TABLE>
thanks captain obvious

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Eat at "Hula's Island Grille" on Lighthouse St . Way good fresh fish Hawaiian place, very affordable. The wife & me love the place. Lighthouse parallels Cannery Row, two blocks up from the water. Cool bike shops ? Hmmm. The Suzuki/Yamaha dealer in Seaside seems to have the most sportbikes in race trim in their service bay. They had a wrencher named Chris who could take any 4 carburator bike and tune it good and soon. Hope he's still there. I've only got 2 carbuators now though, so will he be twice as good or half as good ? And don't call me Stu ( or stu-pid either )Ha-Ha.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: any cool bike shops around laguna/monterrey? (hairball)

Suzuki Yamaha in Seaside is no longer here. The owners bought out the Honda Kawasaki and Ducati dealership on Del Monte, and moved everything over there. So now they have about 300 bikes with room for 100 bikes. It's an ok place to check out. Scott and Dave are pretty cool as far as salespeople go... The parts/gear shop upstairs is overpriced, and about service? The dealership is 5 minutes from my house, and I trucked my bike 2 hours to Milpitas to get it done at Nichols Mfg. Better service, awesome techs (Jim), lower prices, and they don't forget to tighten everything back down.

If you're in the mood to travel, head north to San Jose. Road Rider is on Monterey Highway, and they have an excellent gear shop, along with really cool salespeople. They don't sell bikes, just parts and gear, and they have awesome prices. I got the Sidi Vertigo Corsa boots for $355 (retail $395), and the Alpinestars GP Tech's for $160 (retail $240). Not typical pricing, but you can always find great deals there.

Andy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts