Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone on the list from Phoenix? I'm considering a move to Phoenix from the East Coast, and I'm wondering about the riding opportunities in the area. Any decent twisty roads near Phoenix? Tracks? I'm use to riding in VA and WV, where the roads generally are good and the nearest track is 90 minutes from my house.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Any Arizona Riders? (DCrider)

There is Firebird(track) in chandler (just south east of Phoenix). Theres tortilla flats,bartlet lake and theres always a nice long trip up to jerome.

Theres many different routes to take to the north if you like doing longer trips.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not much to ride in the immediate phx area. there are a couple of short rides in the surrounding lake areas, south mtn, and tortilla flats but if you want real rides you have to get up to the mountains which are 2-3 hours away or you'll have to hit up a trackday at firebird or the occassional one at pir.

the mountain rides are nice but getting to and from are hell in middle of the summer.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: (chiromikey)

Ouch. That's what I was afraid of. What about off-road riding (but not on a Ducati!)? It seems that would be the ticket with all that wide-open area.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dc,

i'm not into the off-roading (yet) but there's PLENTY of that out here.

again, the summer is a kick in the nuts when doing ANYTHING out-doors but that doesn't seem to stop most people. i'm not afraid to admit that i'm a wuss in this heat...oh well.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll be in the Sierra Vista area in about 3wks looking for riding partners!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: (Red900SS)

It's too HOT to ride in the summertime.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: (trussdude)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by trussdude »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It's too HOT to ride in the summertime.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Can't the old RC30 make it to the mountains, Pat?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: (Rrider)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Rrider »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Can't the old RC30 make it to the mountains, Pat?</TD></TR></TABLE>

That bike is a garage queen.

It also throws off so much heat on the right side, I'd have to wear long pants.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts