Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I changed my watter wetter from the new bike to some anti freeze for the winter. I filled her up and ran the bike without the cap on as suggested in the manual. After a while the bubbling became so bad it just spat damn antt freeze out and i shut her down:banghead I then filled her up again and this time i had the rad cap on. I let it go until i saw the fans come on and shut it down and checked the level.

Is there anything else i should do? why did it burble like that? just wnat to make sure it is good to go for the cold

TIA

·
Enormous Member
1,460 Posts
mrgrn said:
I changed my watter wetter from the new bike to some anti freeze for the winter. I filled her up and ran the bike without the cap on as suggested in the manual. After a while the bubbling became so bad it just spat damn antt freeze out and i shut her down:banghead I then filled her up again and this time i had the rad cap on. I let it go until i saw the fans come on and shut it down and checked the level.

Is there anything else i should do? why did it burble like that? just wnat to make sure it is good to go for the cold

TIA
It spit at you like that due to the air pockets created when you drained it, very common.

What happens is the coolent comes up to a boil in spots around the motor that these voids exist. the thermostat begins to open and the high pressure is released causing these little eruptions.

You will probably need to burp the system a couple times and top it off before you are finnished

·
Premium Member
14,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanx, so dare i run it again with the cap off? or just run it with the cap on and check the level after cooling?

PS, do you still want those front Brake caliper adapters Robert? i can ship for monday, on me no problem.

·
Enormous Member
1,460 Posts
mrgrn said:
thanx, so dare i run it again with the cap off? or just run it with the cap on and check the level after cooling?

PS, do you still want those front Brake caliper adapters Robert? i can ship for monday, on me no problem.
Nah Mark I Have the adaptors. I need a front wheel

Leave the cap on and follow the standard purge method. The one in the service manual works.

·
Premium Member
14,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i don't have a service manual for the RC30 yet though:( i will just idle it for now and see what happens. i just changed the oil and will be adding the stabil this week, i hate the cold.

know anybody looking for adapters, cheap, like you pay shipping?

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
^I just got a service manual off of ebay for 40 bucks. I haven't seen the official Honda version but this one seems good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts