Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Rossi is on a level of his own. Unless something goes seriuosly wrong for him I do not see anyone capable of defeating him.
Every once in a while you see riders like Rossi. The same happened with Michael Doohan in the mid to late 90s. It took a carrer ending accident to make him stop.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Another Tough Year for Honda in 2006... (HRC-E.B.)

The article does not mention it, but I assume that Burgess is going to stay along with Rossi?

I wonder how things would turn out if Rossi didn't have Burgess.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rossi has made it very clear that Burgess plays a very important part in the success of the team. In the end motorcycle racing remains a team sport.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh, please. Doohan? It took a career ending accident for "Rainey" to make it so easy for schwantz and Doohan.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Why does Honda always do this? It's a huge company, they can afford to pay the best riders available. They should have never let Rossi go. Same thing deal in MX/SX. Who would brush off a Jeremy McGrath? Or how about Ricky Carmichael?Honda, thats who

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Granted, Rossi is god like on whatever bike he rides.

But Nicky is STARTING to catch him. After all, he did get pole last weekend.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Another Tough Year for Honda in 2006... (wildchilds74)

I think Rossi left Honda, Honda didn't let him go. He wanted the challenge of making a "non-competative" bike, a race winner. Heck he made it a championship winner. I think eventually Rossi will move to another manufacturer. Ducati?? I think that is his next stop.
John

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Rossi left Honda. Honda made the statement that the door if open for Rossi but it will be up to him to come back. Honda will not ask him to come back.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Another Tough Year for Honda in 2006... (Wrist Rocket)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Wrist Rocket »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Why does Honda always do this? It's a huge company, they can afford to pay the best riders available. They should have never let Rossi go. Same thing deal in MX/SX. Who would brush off a Jeremy McGrath? Or how about Ricky Carmichael?Honda, thats who
</TD></TR></TABLE>Ricky got so much money that Honda just wasn't ready to pony up that much cash to keep him. It was so far above and beyond what anyone thought was possible that it wasn't reasonable for Honda to even try. They would not have been able to field any other members of their team. Suzuki just threw so much money on the table for MX that no one else would try to match their budget.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Another Tough Year for Honda in 2006... (kawi jm)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kawi jm »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think Rossi left Honda, Honda didn't let him go. He wanted the challenge of making a "non-competative" bike, a race winner. Heck he made it a championship winner. I think eventually Rossi will move to another manufacturer. Ducati?? I think that is his next stop.
John</TD></TR></TABLE>

I would love to see Rossi on a Ducati! If he's looking for a challenge that would definitely be one way to go. Plus, the Italian fans would eat it up.

Another thing to consider at Honda is this. Pedrosa is signed to come up from 250cc for next year, or will be, so who's out. Nicky? I could be wrong but I think Max will be looking for a ride next year.

Modified by mcoomer at 8:16 AM 8/2/2005

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: (pappawheelie)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pappawheelie »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Oh, please. Doohan? It took a career ending accident for "Rainey" to make it so easy for schwantz and Doohan.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Doohan, Sticks in the mind better.... 'Go the Aussie'

As for easy....Hear say..!!!!

Such is life..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: (Robust)

I understand not being able to pass Rossi, but why can't anyone atleast stay with him enough to be right behind him, I know it's not the bike Rossi is on.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: Another Tough Year for Honda in 2006... (kawi jm)

Give Rossi a Harley and let's see if he can finish a race

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: (51cent)

It's got to be his ability to set the bike up. I heard an interview by one of the GP riders (not sure who it was), they said that thereare so many variables and different adjustments that it was easy to get lost, and end up slower.

Let's face it, what ever it is that Rossi is doing different that makes him sooooo much faster, is winning him championship after championship.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: (wildchilds74)

ferrari is also courting rossi for their F1 program, he's got a superlicense now to race in F1. What happened to those rumors of Rossi in WRC?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: (pappawheelie)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pappawheelie »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Oh, please. Doohan? It took a career ending accident for "Rainey" to make it so easy for schwantz and Doohan.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Rainey was an awesome rider and a multiple-time world champion however, for the record, Doohan was leading the championship by a fair margin when he first fell off at Assen and had his legs sewn together to aid recuperation.

He came back at the last race of the year light about 30 pounds and tried to score enough points to win the championship. Didn't. Rainey won the title that year. Believe it was '92.

This takes nothing away from Wayne's championships or what he continued to do for the sport.

Wayne would also tell you that Schwantz won his title fair and square.

All great riders.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts