Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy birthday to Nick Novice!

Hope with the 4th being yesterday that you managed to get the whole week off to celebrate!:woot:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Happy birthday Doug, hope it was a good one. Hey how about a birthday track day this saturday? norway is open for pratice again on the 8th.

·
Registered
71 Posts
thanks dudes. it was an unusually uneventful birthday. i got more birthday greetings from computer generated internet forums than any other. i thought about going to norway for that track day. but i'm also knee deep in assembling my kid's playset. if i work on it all weekend, i can prolly finish it. i'm on step 47 out of 98. but the rest are gravy. not that she really needs it as she broke her wrist falling off of a friend's. but she learned a lesson. don't climb the "rock wall" after just getting out of the pool. at least she was on my wife's watch. as far as riding, if been riding more lately than i have in years. there's a "supercross" track in st.louis. it is riddled with jumps. easy to hurt yourself. but i want to put the supermoto gear back on. incidently, my wife bought me some supermoto casual gear and replacement visor for my helmet that i busted the first time i wore it at my first event of 2005. i personally couldn't spend the thirty bucks.

Banda,
let me blow the cobwebs off at a track day. ;)

·
Señor Member
1,694 Posts
98 steps to a playground.... hmmm, did you get the Explorer Deluxe from Sam's?

Because I just put one of those mofos together a few weeks ago. It took me and my brother in law a total of about 36 man hours to assemble it completely. If I recall, there's about thirty different sizes of fasteners. What a pain in the ass. But when it was finished, my daughter could scarcely contain herself. She played on that thing until well after dark, wearing her little self out in the process.

Sorry to hear about your daughter's injury. That's terrible!

Do you know of a track day coming up?

·
Registered
71 Posts
banda said:
98 steps to a playground.... hmmm, did you get the Explorer Deluxe from Sam's?

Because I just put one of those mofos together a few weeks ago. It took me and my brother in law a total of about 36 man hours to assemble it completely. If I recall, there's about thirty different sizes of fasteners. What a pain in the ass. But when it was finished, my daughter could scarcely contain herself. She played on that thing until well after dark, wearing her little self out in the process.

Sorry to hear about your daughter's injury. That's terrible!

Do you know of a track day coming up?

it is one and the same. i blame myself. i saw it and thought my kids would love it. little did i think i would have to build a level platform out of 6" x 6"s to put it on. i've been working on it for 3 weeks. i'm on the haindrail portion now. so i believe the worst is behind me. you tell me. i'm unaware of a track day. but i ran in to one of my old friends and he told me he recently took his 748 to a track day at gateway. but then again, real nicks like this scare me. i've never done a non licensed track day.
http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=26294

·
Señor Member
1,694 Posts
Yup, that's the playground. My soft-as-butter hands ended up all blistered just from using the power drill. It took me close to three hours just to unpack the boxes and label the parts. To make things worse, in step one, the cross beam was drilled wrong - apparently the beam got flipped over when they drilled the second end, so the countersinks were on the wrong side and one of the off-center holes was upside down. Step 1 of 98! Can you imagine the swear words? My neighbors are convinced I have Tourette's.

Track days freak me out. They didn't used to, back when I was slow enough that I never had to see another newb. But now, you get out there, and some of those riders are just completely frickin' lost. Add to that the track day organizers always have a couple of completely wacko rules - like no passing on the inside of a corner - or bikes under 750cc have to stay off the line on the straightaway... and you end up with some of the most dangerous riding you could ever do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts