Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think about this? I was going to schedule some time to see this one tonight. It's a 2000 ZX7R, being sold by the original owner for $3100. It only has 2700 miles, is completely stock, and is reported to be in excellent condition. I can't decide whether or not I like the black/silver paint scheme--it's much more understated that the typical Kawi green/white models, but that is probably a plus. I'm pushing 40--understated seems to be more appealing the older I get.......Regardless, if the bike turns out to be in great shape, what are your thoughts on this one?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,388 Posts
Is that bike located upstate NY?

If so, I tried to grab a similar one when it was listed for $2,500. Not sure if it's the same guy.

Otherwise, I say GRAB IT!!!!! That one looks just as clean if not cleaner than mine.

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
I'm pushing 40--understated seems to be more appealing the older I get
Pushing 40??? mercy I don't know what I'm going to do when I get to your age...

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is that bike located upstate NY?

If so, I tried to grab a similar one when it was listed for $2,500. Not sure if it's the same guy.

Otherwise, I say GRAB IT!!!!! That one looks just as clean if not cleaner than mine.
Nope--It's located in southern Wisconsin. If he's available, I'll check it out tonight. I told myself no more bikes for a while, but this might be cheap and clean enough for me to justify it. It's been a long time since I have owned a Japanese inline........

·
Premium Member
6,388 Posts
Nope--It's located in southern Wisconsin. If he's available, I'll check it out tonight. I told myself no more bikes for a while, but this might be cheap and clean enough for me to justify it. It's been a long time since I have owned a Japanese inline........
That's awesome! GRAB IT!

The funny thing is I saw the exact same year/color upstate new york and the guy didn't want to wait for me to come and buy it. I called him Wed and told him I could pick it up on Friday but he ended up selling it on Thurs. I was pissed because it was nice. Low miles too like your prospect.

·
This space for rent
1,478 Posts
You can get a new leftover '08 ZX-10R here for $6500, I'd only offer the guy like $2500 at most in this economy.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well.......any update??? :)
Hey Turbo--thanks for the info on the passenger seat--that is important! We shared a few emails. I guess it was dropped on one side--scratches/chips are reported to be minor and have not been repaired. He says he's firm at $3,100. I think it would be a fair deal, definitely not a great one. He's married with 4 kids and it sounds like the bike just sits. If the panel wasn't messed up I would have gone to see it yesterday. There's not a lot of activity in the used bike market around here with the season wrapping up, so I plan to keep my eye on it--if by some chance he drops the price a couple more hundred, I'll make a move on it. The guy lives on the other side of the city--probably about 15 minutes from my house--so if any of you really want it for the $3100, I'll take my camera and check it out for you. Otherwise I'm just going to wait and see if the price comes down. The color combo has grown on me.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts