Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After changing my oil today I was checking for and leakage and noticed both my headers right were they come off the engine were glowing a pretty decent shade of orange. After a ride I noticed the rear cylinder's pipe was glowing almost red while the front looked normal. So i'm just wondering if this is normal? Sorry if this is a dumb question but none of my inlines ever did this and I just want to make sure I'm not running lean. TIA for any help.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Another paranoid noob question.... (snapcase318)

Aftermarket slip-ons? PC? Free mods done?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Another paranoid noob question.... (waterboy420)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by waterboy420 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Aftermarket slip-ons? PC? Free mods done?</TD></TR></TABLE>

M4 highmount slip ons, PC3R-not sure which map is loaded, K&N air filters, no free mods yet

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Throw the K&N crap away. Replace with OEM Honda. Load a good map into your PC. Your fuel mixture is way off. You're going to melt your engine into a puddle of aluminum.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Another paranoid noob question.... (weasel)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by weasel »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Throw the K&N crap away. Replace with OEM Honda. Load a good map into your PC. Your fuel mixture is way off. You're going to melt your engine into a puddle of aluminum.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ditch the pair system, and do the flapper mod while you're at it. Check http://rc51.org

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Another paranoid noob question.... (weasel)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by weasel »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Throw the K&N crap away. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah I know, came on the bike though. Original owner didn't have the stockers. Thanks for the replies, anyone else ever have this problem?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by snapcase318 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">...anyone else ever have this problem?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Others have had this problem. It is because it is running way too lean. What kind of engine temps are you getting to?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Another paranoid noob question.... (dhdrider)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dhdrider »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Others have had this problem. It is because it is running way too lean. What kind of engine temps are you getting to?</TD></TR></TABLE>

It's running to about 216-220 while sitting at a light and 186-190 while running in 3rd at 40-45 mph. It seems as though this just started a few days ago(running hotter than usual), anyone ever have to re-map their PC3R"s periodically? I haven't even messed with it since I bought the bike.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts