Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ha, just kidding! I would just like to relay my good experiences with Section 8 Superbike this weekend. I got my bike Friday and it was finished and it ran beautifully. So, your thinking, "big deal" that's what you paid them for. It's when I was talking to Matt that the true service came in. He talked to me about the install and how it went. He told me what they degree'd the cams at. He advised me about the valves and about what he had to do to them. We talked about the condition of the rockers and about being mindful of the fact I'm still using OEM tires at the track. So, your thinking, Yea any dealer would do that. Here's the kicker. Matt was asking me about my rear spring. He said it was soft considering I'm about the same weight as he is. I told him I had the suspension done that spring and I told Jason I was going to lose some weight. That didn't happen. So Matt swapped my spring and retuned my suspension for me. He made two copies of the adjustments and kept one for himself to keep track of were we were with it. Now that's were the reationship with a good dealer pays off. There's more. As some of you know I low sided at Gingerman. I went to the boys at Section 8 for parts to get back on the track because I didn't have my spares with me. Bill K found the parts I needed and told me to use them and just return them when I was done. You can't get that kind of service from dealers that don't go to the track. We all have fierce convictions about who we have work on our stuff. I just believe in the total service package. Thanks Section 8 Superbike

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Another bad deal from Section 8 (Darrendeep6)

Dave(Letter to forum master)

when you start the new forum(format) can we have a Love/Hate section for section 8 sbk's?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I drove 400 miles on Friday to get my bike to Section8. I arrived at the shop at 11:30 P.M. and Matt and Jay were still there. I banged on the door and they said "let's unload it and get started". We took the 998 into the shop and put it on the lift and got it ready for the service to be done the next day. Matt is the most conscientious and thorough technician I have ever met. He was as particular about working on it as I am. I have never got my bike back from a shop that something wasn't screwed up whether it is wiring left unplugged or worse, not at this shop. I too was offered a quick suspension tune up with the proper spring, but they were out. Now I know who took the last one.
Maybe some on the board are getting a little tired of the Section8 drum pounding, but it is so rare to get true and proper service you feel like you have to tell everyone. I'd say thanks to Jason, but he was out hob nobbing with DNA.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Another bad deal from Section 8 (Phil 998)

If I ever move to the Mid-West from here in New England I'd have to seriously think about switching from BCM to Section8. Good to hear Jason and his guys are doing all the right things. I bought a couple of things from Jason and spoke to him once, they are the real deal and he makes you feel important even if you are only buying a used Ohlins shock.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
whos gonna be the first one to give jason their first born? haha!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: (Qwak748)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Qwak748 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">whos gonna be the first one to give jason their first born? haha!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Only after they've grown to about 15yo ... what better way of turning someone into a prote'ge'???

Jason. I think you're going to need a new apprentice soon

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Darren, your knees are dirty and you have something on your face and it ain't 20W50!
That's good I'm glad you're a happy camper.

Some pics I took of the Gingerman weekend.

Who's that freakazoid?
http://ducsunlimited.com/gallery/album89/IMG_2608
http://ducsunlimited.com/gallery/album89/IMG_2573
Gotta love the crash bungs!
http://ducsunlimited.com/gallery/album89/IMG_2625

Especially like the freshly ground pegs/controls on my M900

http://ducsunlimited.com/gallery/album89/IMG_2647

Modified by Capt. Home Slice at 6:32 AM 8/25/2005

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Section 8 is EVIL! They give you good prices, ship the stuff to you fast, and if you have questions, they ANSWER them! I think it is a plot to get us all involved in a cult or something. Stay away from the Kool-Aid . . . .

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Another bad deal from Section 8 (spezjag)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by spezjag »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> I think it is a plot to get us all involved in a cult or something. .</TD></TR></TABLE>

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

1 - 9 of 9 Posts