Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have bad experience from the CHP on the Hwy2 lately? For those who do not know where is this place, please check on the site below. I been riding in the canyon for almost 4 years and I never seen the CHP got so serious on giving ticker on sportbike rider. All my riding buddy got their fair share of experience with CHP. Speeding, double yellow X-ing and Exhaust modification. I heard there is an CHP BMW bike officer is really out there to get us. Anyone have the same experience?
http://briandesousa.com/bicycling/road/hwy2.htm

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Angels Crest Hwy CHP crack down on sport rider (wschan1)

I was up there this weekend and I too was surprise to see the CHP targeting just sportsbikes

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

The only experience I ever had with CHiPs was when a group of riders when down on Hwy 9 in NorCal. One of them happen to be a CHP. When they showed up of course they took care of there own and got out of there before more CHP showed up.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

wschan1 said:
...Speeding, double yellow X-ing....

Hmmm, looks like they've had a few complaints and are trying to reel in your friends. Just an opinion....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wschan1 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Anyone have bad experience from the CHP on the Hwy2 lately? I heard there is an CHP BMW bike officer is really out there to get us. Anyone have the same experience? </TD></TR></TABLE>

YUP, YUP & YUP. his name is Stout. it says so on this yellow paper he gave me.

i've been riding that hill for 30+ years.

this is the worst.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh! no that no good. My frined got his speeding ticket Plus his Ducati exhaust modification write up. Well, the officer did not write up a fixer but instead a violation. He has to pay the ticket and fix his bike back to original. Total $930. That's sucks!!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
FYI... They are known to read this board and others. What they can gain from it, I'm not sure. Just be careful of any information you provide.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: (BEANS)

that is why the CHP hate us! This guy must be really really stupid. I checked the news and he is cought today!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: (BEANS)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BEANS »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">FYI... They are known to read this board and others. What they can gain from it, I'm not sure. Just be careful of any information you provide.</TD></TR></TABLE>

For the record I ride a Pink GSXR with yellow flames
Try and catch me!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: (twitchINC)

We see this from time to time in our area. It's gotten pretty crowded with sportbikes compared to what it was 10 years ago so sometimes they feel like they have to crack down. It's not likely they'll patrol the area for more than a few weeks. Usually they don't have enough manpower. An even bigger and more disturbing problem around here is when local residents pour oil on the roads - folks are gettin hurt.

As far as tickets for a modified exhaust, I'd be pretty pissed if they weren't citing Harley riders too. I can't remember the last time I saw or heard a Harley with a stock exhaust. Most run straight pipes as a default setup which is probably a necessity. At least sportbike pipes have mufflers.

Bottom line: be as courteous as possible to the tourists and the locals. It only takes a few complaints.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: (Marty51)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Marty51 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">... It's not likely they'll patrol the area for more than a few weeks. Usually they don't have enough manpower...</TD></TR></TABLE>

The officer that cited me stated that the state had a budget pass ("operation safe canyons") that would keep the task force there for the next three years.

I think there gonna hang arond awhile.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If I ever found some s#*ithead oiling the road Id scrub it clean with his face, thats attempted murder!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I don't know if any of you have lived in So-Cal for a long time, but many years ago (I'm guessing sometime between 86' and 89') one of the most popular canyons was actually shut down to motorcycles on weekends over the course of an entire summer. Mullholland Canyon, by the Rock Store, was off limits to bikes period.
That was the beginning of the sport-bike craze and lots of kids lost their lives in that canyon at the time (averaging 2 a week, or 2 a day, Sunday). The cops cracked down hard at the time, at the same time Hardley made a comeback (no tickets there). I guess it's just a re-visitation of that time. Sportbikes are gaining in popularity again and so are squids and idiots on bikes. This will probably be followed by waning sales and a total lack of technical progress in bikes (as was the effect of the last "boom").

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: (apfelbaum)

It is getting very stupid out there. And though I do not support or condone squid actions - CHP and other law enforcement is acting VERY unfair and tantamount to being un-constitutional. Harley riders go up to Ojai and get pig drunk and are allowed to ride home or kill themselves trying. Yet, they are left alone. If you are gonna get all riders - GET ALL RIDERS! Period! A/M pipes? Gimme a break. A Ducati sounds like it sounds - period. I was once told that Harley supposedly paid a lot of money to patent their sound and are thus allowed to get away with the crap happening today. I don't if this is true or not, but.... they still don't get ticketed for sounding louder than a group of MotoGP bikes at full throttle!

WTF happened to the land of the FREE.... ?!?!?!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: (Wim_rc51)

Wim-

Don't know if that is the reason, but Harley definitely patented their sound. It all started when other manufacturers were trying to mimic their sound.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.