Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I am planning to go to Angeles Crest Highway, CA this weekend (July 9th/10th). I am relatively new to riding and am looking for other riders in the area.

Mark
800 SS

Modified by DucatiPasadena at 7:24 AM 7/4/2005

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Angeles Crest Highway, CA July 9th/10th weekend (DucatiPasadena)

Why aren't you going to be on Ducati Island with the rest of us?!?!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

See you on the Island! Look for the 999 with the Alaska plates, thats me! Got my DNA parking pass this week, now I just need to get there early enough to get in! Ciao!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Mark,

Welcome to Speedzilla. I'm in your 'hood and live by the Pasadena suicide bridge. My shop is in Arcadia so stop by sometime...I'd love to meet another local Ducati rider from Speedzilla.

Most of us will be in Laguna Seca that weekend though...

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Angeles Crest is closed.

Caltrans dosen't have the 4 million to repair winter storm damage, loose rocks on the sides etc. It will be closed all year. Better plan another location for riding.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Angeles Crest Highway, CA July 9th/10th weekend (Old Fart)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Old Fart »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Angeles Crest is closed.

Caltrans dosen't have the 4 million to repair winter storm damage, loose rocks on the sides etc. It will be closed all year. Better plan another location for riding.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I rode Angeles Crest to Newcomb's this w/e and it was perfect!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Angeles Crest Highway, CA July 9th/10th weekend (Old Fart)

it is closed but beyond newcombs.
you can have a fun short ride by going Angeles crest to upper big tijunga to angeles forrest. Take forrest to sierra highway then solodad canyon left on sand canyon and it will pop you out at ozborne off the 210. Fun little ride takes about 2 hours!

And I too will be at GP this weekend. Maybe next weekend!!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the tips on routes. I was there this weekend for a short ride and enjoyed it. Have fun a GP this weekend guys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts