American Chopper is no more

5K views 29 replies 22 participants last post by  mikstr 
#1 ·
:(

American Chopper Comes to the End of the Road

Saturday, February 6, 2010

American Chopper Comes to the End of the Road

By KATE STANHOPE TV GUIDE

American Chopper is riding off into the sunset for good.
The TLC reality series is closing shop after six seasons, with the series finale airing Thursday, Feb. 11 at 9/8c.

Chopper premiered in 2003 on the Discovery Channel before moving to TLC in 2008. The series followed founder Paul Teutul, Sr., and his son, Paul Jr. (better known as Paulie or Junior) and the drama behind the scenes at their custom motorcycle shop, Orange County Choppers. "The Teutuls will always be a part of the Discovery family and we congratulate them on a tremendously successful series run," TLC said in a statement.
Watch a preview of American Chopper's series finale

Paul Teutul, Sr., said he anticipated "another two or three years" of the show in an October interview with the New York Daily News. However, Paul Jr., left the company — and the series — briefly earlier this season and was then sued by his father over company stock in December, according to TMZ.

See less See more
#3 ·
#5 ·
damn, such a loss.... is there no justice in this world? My heart goes out to all those posers who will now be left to watch re-runs.... *sniff*

On the positive side, it will free up time to polish chrome on their overweight, underpowered, loud and obnoxious, and ill-handling posercycles.....

#6 ·
damn, such a loss.... is there no justice in this world? My heart goes out to all those posers who will now be left to watch re-runs.... *sniff*

On the positive side, it will free up time to polish chrome on their overweight, underpowered, loud and obnoxious, and ill-handling posercycles.....

first buell now AC

#8 ·
Former Gov'r Pataki was so pleased with himself about the groundbreaking of the new facility, hoping it would be a boost to the area. Now, when you pass by on I87, there is a huge building, a hotel and a vast parking lot, never really that filled. The family certainly padded their pockets with the show, but were there any other positive consequences for the area, or the mid-Hudson Valley economy?

It's also interesting to see some OCC bikes on eBay selling for pennies on the dollar.

#10 ·
I have never seen the show....just seen a gazillion ads for the show on Discovery, Science, History, History International channels....guess they are all owned by the same company....never saw why anyone would watch that show so I never did. I was mildly curious as to the demographics of the people who did watch it....wonder who watched it and why.

#12 ·
The OCC show championed builders for all the world to see and made some of
us builders proud that don't have a TV show...

#14 ·
shooting arrows

Anytime someone elevates themselves from the crowd, there will always be those shooting arrows at their ass.....

For me the show had some entertainment value, more-so in the beginning, only to fade in later episodes as it became more of a soap opera show. The rise and fall of nepotism in middle American business.:twocents

#18 ·
I actually enjoyed the series on occasion, I wasn't a regular watcher but did catch more than a few episodes. I might be nuts but I think their existence kind of legitimized that whole Chopper Inc type shops around the country, not saying that's good or bad but at least they made some of the builds mildly amusing to watch.

#22 ·
Fast US$$$

I enjoyed the show when it first came out and was close to a reality show, good laughs. But soon it became so scripted it was painful to watch.
And the bikes just got worse and worse. SOOO Corny!
Give the people what they want and grab your cash on the way to the door.
Side note: At a trade show I was speaking to a company that thought putting a chopper on display would get attention. They approached OCC. Price was gonna be about $200,000 for the build and (unverified) $15,000 everytime it was displayed as an OCC bike.
They all have nice houses and an incredible shop now. hmmm???
Nubs was fantastic and good luck to Vinny,

#23 ·
They were ALL about the money and way less about bikes , especially Sr. . Granted , one would be a fool to turn down a network and customers throwing cash at you , but a true artist would take a step back in order to retain some integrity , which this bunch couldn't do . Unfortunately , b/c of their exposure , they got most of the money that the chopper craze produced ; but fortunately , the really talented craftsmen in the business will survive and continue their trade as they have for years , in the shadows and w/o much fanfare .

#27 ·
I'm wondering how the 2xtreme idiots are still getting a show produced. My god, i have rarely seen a bigger bunch of motorcycle inept morons than those folks.

I wanna see Vinny do well, yet can't help but think this is going to be doomed if there is any association with the aforementioned dingle berries.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.