Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me? I can only find AMA Racing at Miller for the weekend. While I know it's not Jerez as far as fan turnout... are they really going to chose the worst of the races and not WSB?

Any help... always appreciated!!!:mad:

·
Registered
319 Posts
The WSBK races are on Speed on Monday. IIRC they were on Monday at Miller last year too.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks...

The WSBK races are on Speed on Monday. IIRC they were on Monday at Miller last year too.

Thanks for sharing and i do remember the Monday races now... Good info!

With the Indy 500 on and Nascar... I guess they just don't have any options... Two races in circles with cages trumps anything else... :p

·
Registered
319 Posts
Thanks for sharing and i do remember the Monday races now... Good info!

With the Indy 500 on and Nascar... I guess they just don't have any options... Two races in circles with cages trumps anything else... :p
I believe it has more to do with religious sentiment in SLC and getting a full gate.

·
Currently: Moderating
12,576 Posts
I believe it has more to do with religious sentiment in SLC and getting a full gate.
The turnout is embarassing! WSBK cannot put people in the stands. It's just so sad to watch on TV. Embarassing actually when you look at the stands.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
607 Posts
Yeah, not really a World class venue, with the river running across the track and the quicksand for runoff...

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
IMO the only thing the track has going for it is the picturesque background of snow-topped mountains. Does anyone really want to go to Utah to race motorcycles?

It is too bad that Road America has such primitive trackside ammenities and safety isn't up to international standards, it would be the perfect place for those bikes. Maybe with three venues hosting MotoGP (Indy, Laguna, Austin) one will bow out and could host WSBK about the time Rossi switches to the series in 2014 or so. Of the three, Indy would probably be the odd track out.

I am really excited for Austin and bikes, maybe it could host both MotoGP and WSBK, several other tracks do around the world.

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
IMO the only thing the track has going for it is the picturesque background of snow-topped mountains. Does anyone really want to go to Utah to race motorcycles?

It is too bad that Road America has such primitive trackside ammenities and safety isn't up to international standards, it would be the perfect place for those bikes. Maybe with three venues hosting MotoGP (Indy, Laguna, Austin) one will bow out and could host WSBK about the time Rossi switches to the series in 2014 or so. Of the three, Indy would probably be the odd track out.

I am really excited for Austin and bikes, maybe it could host both MotoGP and WSBK, several other tracks do around the world.
I like your way of thinking!!!:D

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Wsbk

The turnout is embarassing! WSBK cannot put people in the stands. It's just so sad to watch on TV. Embarassing actually when you look at the stands.:rolleyes:
Last time I was at a WSBK event was at Brainerd. We had a good turnout even though no one knew what this new series was.

Most of the teams were working out of shipping boxes located in the buildings. Nothing on pit road except a wall. Still nothing there to this date.

Whole different time though. I put Utah on my Calender for next year. Will see if I can make it. If I go I will bring the rain gear and boots suitable for the mud.

·
Banned
929 Posts

Apparently Checa does. In an interview he said it was one of his favorite tracks because he turns left better than right.

·
Street and Track Moderator
3,888 Posts
+1 on Road America, it's a fantastic track.

Matthew

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.