Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: (SupermotoFan)

For those attending the races and Cyclefest:

I've heard that there was a landslide on I-70 between Denver and Copper Mountain--Delays were up to four hours.

From Colorado DOT:

Additional rock work continues on westbound I-70. Traffic has been moved to the eastbound lanes with one lane open in each direction between Idaho Springs and Dumont. I-70 will remain in this configuration through Friday, August 19th. Major delays are expected. Motorists are encouraged to use alternate routes such as US 285 and SH 9. Click here for more information and photos.

http://www.dot.state.co.us/Advisories2.cfm

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

285 to 9 was scenic but slow.

I-70 was cleared early enough to not be a problem for anyone driving up on Friday or Saturday.

More about the Copper weekend:

Doug Henry (I'd bet) will be up and winning faster than anybody would think.

It was amazing to watch Travis Pastrana keep pace with eventual 4 for 4 Supermoto winner Jeff Ward.

Troy Herfoss went 2 for 2 in Supermoto Unlimited to give Husqvarna its first and second victories ever in AMA Supermoto.

Mark Burkhart continues to dominate the Supermoto Lites series with a perfect 2005 record.

American flattracker Michelle DiSalvo and Australian Supermoto racer Erin Normoyle added a special flair to the event by being the second and third female racers (after 2003 Dallas competitor Stefy Bau) to compete in the series.

Weather was totally unpredictable with sun, wind, light rain, frost, heavy rain, and cloud cover--in any order, and at any moment.

Competitors: some of the early-season leaders struggled (Ben Carlson, Juergen Kunzel, Doug Henry), some of the early-season strugglers lead (Jeff Ward, Chris Fillmore), new faces on the poduims with Herfoss, Cassidy Anderson, and Max Gazzaratta.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I talked to a couple friends that were there racing and it sounded like it was very difficult to get anything dialed in. They told me Pastranas crash was just plain wicked. Did anyone see it? I know I'm glad I didn't try and race this year...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (chriscap)

i saw it dead on i was watching him get ready to pass ward over the triple and bam he was down and the bike planted him!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: AMA Supermoto at Copper Mountain, Colorado (SupermotoFan)

Re: Doug Henry

AMA Pro Racing Supermoto Series Manager Todd Eagan visited Doug Henry in the hospital on Monday and is happy to report that while in rough shape, Doug is in good spirits, is doing his respiratory therapy, and is focused on getting well enough to leave the hospital soon.

Get well quick Doug--you've got a championship to contend for, and you have a bunch of fans pulling for you.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: AMA Supermoto at Copper Mountain, Colorado (AMA SM Pit Steward)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AMA SM Pit Steward »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Re: Doug Henry

AMA Pro Racing Supermoto Series Manager Todd Eagan visited Doug Henry in the hospital on Monday and is happy to report that while in rough shape, Doug is in good spirits, is doing his respiratory therapy, and is focused on getting well enough to leave the hospital soon.

Get well quick Doug--you've got a championship to contend for, and you have a bunch of fans pulling for you.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Pretty harsh to get 4 DNFs in one weekend. I wish Doug the best, but the championship ain't gonna happen for him this year.

Ward is going to run away with it now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts