Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
Amazing... I couldn't do that in a 100 years on my manual Mill...

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
that. . . . is bitchen.

Larry if there is anybody that could do it on a manual mill, it would be you. You shoulda gotten started right about the time you got that gpz though.
Thanks Johny... after I sold the Gpz I got my first V4... nobody made rear
sets for the 500 Interceptor so I made my own with a hand held scroller jig
saw... a file... bandsaw and drill press...

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
That is some impressive CAD work that had to have been done to get to the CAM stage.

Years ago, I went to Wright-Patterson in Dayton and got a guided tour of their machine shop courtesy of my wife's cousin....they had a five-axis CAM that would mill the turbine blades for jet engines....HUGE machine capable of milling parts 4 or 5 feet in diameter.....they had to cut up the slab, pour a concrete base 8' deep to ensure that the machine did not move a micrometer when it was in use. I was slack-jawed.

BTW, they had there the reverse winged F-16 that they used to see if it would work. The plane could only fly with its computers. Guess it didn't work too hot as they never made another one.

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
Awesome video.
Two things come to mind:
1. Watch for lightening.
2. Technology is changing the landscape for ordinary people in some not-so-good ways. The world of invention and production is becoming more and more a realm of the super educated and super resourced. How can an inventor, artist, craftsman, etc., in his garage, ever compete with technology that is so advanced? In the future, if you don't have access to million dollar machines, etc., you will never have a chance. Corporations will have such a competitive advantage due to high start-up and production costs that their only competitors will be other wealthy corporations. Thomas Edison would have to get on board before making a contribution. The rest of us will simply hope for a job. And worker satisfaction and happiness indexes will continue to drop. Then what next, Soilent Green? But hey, it will be very impressive to watch the advances.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.