Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Was just looking at Alth front disc rotors, they seem to have a good name, has anyone used them & how do they perform?

Also what other front disc rotors are comparable to Alth? Brembo are a similar price, any other brands anyone has tried? Maybe lightweight rotors, or lighter than Honda originals?

All knowledge greatly appreciated

Cheers

Ash

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
I run a great set on my NC35 using a rc5 front end and they rock. Because I m so off and on with my parts I cant tell you how much better they are over stock but they look the shit. I was just eating dinner with another member from the states in Utah for the WSBK round and we brought that topic up.

He and I both are of the same opinion in their strength and quality after heavy usage. I say pick your color and jump on them!:twocents

·
Registered
825 Posts
The OEM SP brakes rock. Upgrade the lines and fit some HRC pads and they are excellent :twocents

You could upgrade to SP2 master cylinder and disks but if yours aren't warped why bother? So many things to spend money on.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I run a great set on my NC35 using a rc5 front end and they rock. Because I m so off and on with my parts I cant tell you how much better they are over stock but they look the shit. I was just eating dinner with another member from the states in Utah for the WSBK round and we brought that topic up.

He and I both are of the same opinion in their strength and quality after heavy usage. I say pick your color and jump on them!:twocents
Thanks for the info, that matches up with what I have read, they are top quality at a great price :clapper

Anymore info/experience appreciated

Cheers

Ash

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The OEM SP brakes rock. Upgrade the lines and fit some HRC pads and they are excellent :twocents

You could upgrade to SP2 master cylinder and disks but if yours aren't warped why bother? So many things to spend money on.
Do you have a website that sells the HRC pads?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Shame - some just sold in the classifieds here. Try Dan Kyle - that's where I got my last sets:

Kyle Racing - Roadracing Motorcycles

Ask for Alex. There were "hard bite" and "soft bite" HRC pads available. I have the hard bite pads and they're excellent.

JB
Thanks for the link, their answer was "The HRC pads have been discontinued".
They do have a replacement "Carbone Lorraine pads", will have to do some searching about them. Alth make their own pads too, I am thinking if the rotors are top notch their sintered pads should be similar quality.....

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
Do you have a website that sells the HRC pads?
You could perhaps try the new hi-tech Japanese-made pads sold by Simon Kobe..... (since the HRCs are, apparently, discontinued).... Otherwise, there are always Vesrah RJL and SRJL (and others which other members can surely recommend)...

·
Registered
825 Posts
You could perhaps try the new hi-tech Japanese-made pads sold by Simon Kobe..... (since the HRCs are, apparently, discontinued).... Otherwise, there are always Vesrah RJL and SRJL (and others which other members can surely recommend)...
You were smart to jump on those 2 sets of HRC pads, I would've for sure.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
I saw the ad and flinched. Now I'm kicking myself cuz it would've been nice to have a spare set of new ones. Muthafukr!:banghead
ah the flinch... gets you every time :) Guess I should be saying thanks for flinching! ;)

·
half-fast member
340 Posts
I have a set of Alth rotors on my RC51. They provide MUCH more bite than the stock rotors and weight within one once of the stock rotors. Still using the OEM pads w/ a Brembo RCS master and Galfer SS lines and the brakes are just fabulous!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts