Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Was just looking at Alth front disc rotors, they seem to have a good name, has anyone used them & how do they perform?

Also what other front disc rotors are comparable to Alth? Brembo are a similar price, any other brands anyone has tried? Maybe lightweight rotors, or lighter than Honda originals?

All knowledge greatly appreciated

Cheers

Ash

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
I run a great set on my NC35 using a rc5 front end and they rock. Because I m so off and on with my parts I cant tell you how much better they are over stock but they look the shit. I was just eating dinner with another member from the states in Utah for the WSBK round and we brought that topic up.

He and I both are of the same opinion in their strength and quality after heavy usage. I say pick your color and jump on them!:twocents

·
Registered
825 Posts
The OEM SP brakes rock. Upgrade the lines and fit some HRC pads and they are excellent :twocents

You could upgrade to SP2 master cylinder and disks but if yours aren't warped why bother? So many things to spend money on.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I run a great set on my NC35 using a rc5 front end and they rock. Because I m so off and on with my parts I cant tell you how much better they are over stock but they look the shit. I was just eating dinner with another member from the states in Utah for the WSBK round and we brought that topic up.

He and I both are of the same opinion in their strength and quality after heavy usage. I say pick your color and jump on them!:twocents
Thanks for the info, that matches up with what I have read, they are top quality at a great price :clapper

Anymore info/experience appreciated

Cheers

Ash

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The OEM SP brakes rock. Upgrade the lines and fit some HRC pads and they are excellent :twocents

You could upgrade to SP2 master cylinder and disks but if yours aren't warped why bother? So many things to spend money on.
Do you have a website that sells the HRC pads?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Shame - some just sold in the classifieds here. Try Dan Kyle - that's where I got my last sets:

Kyle Racing - Roadracing Motorcycles

Ask for Alex. There were "hard bite" and "soft bite" HRC pads available. I have the hard bite pads and they're excellent.

JB
Thanks for the link, their answer was "The HRC pads have been discontinued".
They do have a replacement "Carbone Lorraine pads", will have to do some searching about them. Alth make their own pads too, I am thinking if the rotors are top notch their sintered pads should be similar quality.....

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
Do you have a website that sells the HRC pads?
You could perhaps try the new hi-tech Japanese-made pads sold by Simon Kobe..... (since the HRCs are, apparently, discontinued).... Otherwise, there are always Vesrah RJL and SRJL (and others which other members can surely recommend)...

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
I saw the ad and flinched. Now I'm kicking myself cuz it would've been nice to have a spare set of new ones. Muthafukr!:banghead
ah the flinch... gets you every time :) Guess I should be saying thanks for flinching! ;)

·
half-fast member
340 Posts
I have a set of Alth rotors on my RC51. They provide MUCH more bite than the stock rotors and weight within one once of the stock rotors. Still using the OEM pads w/ a Brembo RCS master and Galfer SS lines and the brakes are just fabulous!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts