Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a search, and came up with zero on seat foam or seat.

I have just finished mounting up Hotbodies body work to my 03 600RR. An unexpected track day has come up, and I am in DIRE need of some seat foam. I have no time to order/have it shipped, and none at local shops. Has anyone used anything else as a substitute??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Alternative seat foam ideas (Southern_Cross)

Check woth your local ski/kayak/surf sports shop like REI or Sun Ski Sports. Most of them carry hi-density foam used for seats/pads in kayaks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Alternative seat foam ideas (g-man)

Should have mentioned before, that I live in the MIDDLE of nowhere.
But I might be able to drive to a sporting good store (1 1/2 away
) and give that a try! Thanks for the idea!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Sharkskinz sells the standard black neoprene seat pad material you usually see on race bikes. It comes in 1 foot square sections, and has a peel-off adhesive backing. The stuff is easy to cut with scissors or a razor, and you can shape it with a sanding disc.

I'm sure they could rush a piece to you by mail...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

just a pice of advice--600rr might have a problem with adhesive de-hising becasue if heat from undertail exhaust. I lost my seat that way. make sure you use some temp-stable adhesive

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What you are looking for is "closed cell foam" used for kayaking.....do NOT but the stuff from Home Depot as it is not closed cell....closed cell is impervious to water, hence its name....the stuff at Home Depot is worthless for that purpose.
Check out Nantahala Outdoors Center's website.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just go to OSH. They sell the foam by the yard.
OPPRacing.com also sells it for $40 (2x2 feet I think).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.