Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am trying to decide between the alpinestar S-MX plus boots and the SIDI vertigos. prices are within $30 of each other. which boots do you guys think are best. weekend riding, probably a track day or two, and back and forth to work a couple of times a week. the alpinestars seems more comfortable, but they are pretty bulky, the SIDIs are trim and pretty trick...... any opinions? thanks.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: alpinestar or SIDI boots? (quickdraw)

Sidi's

but you wont know till you try them on

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I own a pair of Sidi Vertebre II air's ann I love 'em to death.

I didn't like the bulkyness of the AlpineStars which is why I went with the Sidi's

Sugjested Course of action:

Go to a local motorcycle dealer and try BOTH on. Find out which one YOU think fits better.

Fit is inportant because it will cradle your foot better if your foot is not being compressed in any area.

Alpinestars will squeak until they are done with.

Sidi's stop squeaking after a month or so.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: alpinestar or SIDI boots? (enigmamdw)

thanks guys, i did try them both on. both were comfortable, the alpinestars slightly more. i was just wondering how each would hold up, and if the bulkyness of the alpinestars was going to be a problem.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I say go with the Sidi's also. I have had mine for 3+ years and friggin love them. My next ones will be Sidi's also.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: alpinestar or SIDI boots? (CaliDuc)

Sidi does look "better" but the Alpinestars S-MX felt more comfy, so went with it.
Try it on ad see what YOU like.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: alpinestar or SIDI boots? (CaliDuc)

I just picked up the Vertigo Corsas at the Section 8 Track day. They are absolutly awsome. I had the A-stars on and wasn't as impressed but they are great boots too.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: alpinestar or SIDI boots? (VoyagerDude)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VoyagerDude »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Sidi does look "better"... </TD></TR></TABLE>

Well.... except for those freaky "monkey lips" lookin' things in the heel of the new boots.
I took mine out.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: alpinestar or SIDI boots? (Mental998)

I've got the Sidi Vertebrae II's , very happy with them.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I own both. The Alpinestars are stiffer and the armor gets caught sometimes on the bike. The Alpinestars are more like ski boots. The Sidis are more like a hiking boot. The Sidis are easier to put on and IMHO look better. They are roomier than Alpinestars so be careful when sizing.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

The boot that fits you best is the best boot for you. I've had 3 pairs of Sidis and 2 pairs of Alpinestars. The Sidis fit MY feet better. I currently have a pair of Frey-Daytona boots...pricey but awesome boots. Since we're dealers for Oxtar and Gaerne as well, I'll be trying them next. I've worn some Oxtar boots around the shop and like them better than the Sidis...they are still completely made in Italy too! Try the Oxtars as well...you might like them. Even within a certain brand, try on a few models...they fit differently.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: alpinestar or SIDI boots? (moomba)

I have both and find the Alpinestars a little clunky, the Sidi seemed to fit better and felt almost broken in from the get go. Alpinestars made me feel like Herman Munster, less flex, Sidi's much easier to get on and off.
Fran

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: alpinestar or SIDI boots? (sb748)

I've got the Sidi Vertebrae II's airs as well as some others here....and that is a bonus if you are hot footed or live in a hot climate.

Buying any foot gear, bottom line is fit.....so if you have Flinstone feet or whatever...base you buy on fit...not what everbody buys......i mean look at the yellow Duc buyers
whoa ..kidding

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: alpinestar or SIDI boots? (throttlehead)

I have the SIDI Vertigo Corsa boots and couldn't be happier. The first couple times out there were a couple of slight pressure points, but now it's like they took a mold of my foot when they made these boots. Very impressed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts