Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently been approved for my RC51 <Insert excited freaking out look here> ... I can have a full akropovic system w/ pc 3 installed from the dealer ... does anyone have any thoughts on whether this is a good or bad idea and why???

Thx in advance.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Akropovic Exhaust w/ PC III for 51 (Canada-51)

The Akra system is totally top notch in terms of quality, makes great noise, and good power. The problem is that most agree that for the street, other (slip-on) systems are actually better - Satos are really popular here. I have Aratas which I love. Yoshimuras have a good following. You can save yourself a bunch of money by going with high quality slip-ons.

The PCIII you should do even if you stick with the stock exhaust!

My
Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the club.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Akropovic Exhaust w/ PC III for 51 (Canada-51)

i am using akra titanium full system with pciii.. i like the sound and it added a few horsepower i think..when i installed it..my maximum power is 125 and after the mapping, its 127.04..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
http://www.rc51.org/stat.htm

I went there to get my reviews of all the mapping -- I did look very closely at Yosh as well...

The PC is going in no matter what... I've also got a contact who can "Etch" - so I'm actually thinking of having my stock exhaust etched and selling that baby on ebay or something. Maybe have a dragon etched in the it and then have it high heat painted black or just put some crazy etching on it that would really stick out! Should be cool.

Anyhow - I think the date I take delivery of the RC is August 1 so as soon as I get it I'll post some pics! :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (Canada-51)

"I've also got a contact who can "Etch" - so I'm actually thinking of having my stock exhaust etched and selling that baby on ebay or something. Maybe have a dragon etched in the it and then have it high heat painted black or just put some crazy etching on it that would really stick out! Should be cool."

You're kiddin' right?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (BC51)

I've got the full Akro, and it sure takes a ton of weight off. Mine is an 00 so don't bother asking what map. If I was going again, and paying retail it'd be slipons, and probably Sato since they're so developed.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I used to have an Akrapovic on my 02 w/ the PC3r. I never got to get a decent mapping for it because before I could go out and fork over the $400 necessary to get the map done, I had the brilliant idea of lowsiding at the track and destroying the system at the same time. What a waste.

I loved it though. It was worth the money. It sure was light. I think it saved about 12lbs over the stock exhaust (which is super heavy). So just that is worth it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm running Akra slipons with my PC3R. I was running a map that I downloaded that was supposed to be for Akra's but the bike liked to idle roughly with it. I downloaded the Dan Kyle Sato Low-mount map from the Power Commander user submitted database and it rocks with the Akra's. I don't believe I gained more than a few ponies but I know the bike looks and sounds better and the carbon cans are lighter than stock by a long ways!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BC51. No. It's controlled laser etching. While I wouldn't want it personally, I'm sure there's someone even here in the city that would pay good bucks for it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Why Buy A 51 when you can Smoke Crack
etch pipes and sell them on E Bay.
Seems Like A Waste Of Money.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: (suprajoe)

Satos,PC3R,Uni filters, soft rev & pair done....Johnnycheese(a well known turbobusa tuner/builder) tuned mine...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: (The Acclude)

The stock system is good to get rid of for the weight savings alone. The Akro system really shines with a little engine work.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: (suprajoe)

Hey do you mind if I get that map from you? I am living in Japan now and not near a dyno. I have a 2000 RC51 with akra slip-ons. If you dont mind can you send to [email protected]

Thanks!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts