Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just adorned my SP2 with twin Akro Carbon Slip On's (Stainless Link). They are attached to the appropriate Harris hangers, all fixings, spacer's, springs etc. are correctly mounted.

However, on veiwing the bike from behind, the left muffler is 3/4 inch higher than the right, (standard SP2 left side "offset" has been taken into consideration). Have spent a number of hours trying to correct this but to no avail. Apart from this, all else is normal.

Anyone had similar prob, and if so, any advice!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Akrapovic Adjustment!! (Tommy Atkins)

I have the same slip-ons attached to sato hangers and my left can is a bit (1/4 -1/2 inch) higher than the right... however it isn't noticeable enough to bother me.

I know that doesn't tell you how to fix it but it's all I got

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You know, in West Virginia they breed cattle that have longer legs on one side than on the other. This lets them graze on the sides of those really steep mountains.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Akrapovic Adjustment!! (Tommy Atkins)

I have a '02 with titanium slip ons and the same issue and I'm using the stock hangers.

I asked the dealer where I got the exhaust from and he told me that its normal. Haven't had any leaks on the exhaust. I also checked the space between the exhausts and the swing arm and every thing is in place.

This also won't solve anything but at least now you know that you're not the only one with uneven Akrapovic exhausts

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (oljackboy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by oljackboy »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You know, in West Virginia they breed cattle that have longer legs on one side than on the other. This lets them graze on the sides of those really steep mountains.</TD></TR></TABLE>

They also make fishing waders that have 4 legs so the animals cant run!!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Akrapovic Adjustment!! (sl00se)

sl00se/RicardoA, thanks for your commets, we face the indignation together!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts