Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
LiveStrong
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...so I have a few questions for the RC Gods out there. I am curious about what real benefit the aftermarket Snorkel and AirBox would bring. My RC is a track only bike if that makes a difference. I am seeing a bunch of Turn One and Thorston stuff popping up for sale and wonder is it worth the money?

If I got a Turn One Airbox would I have to get the same manf. snorkel?

If I got the Air Box can I use the OEM snorkel or vise versa?

Do I have to get the bike re-mapped after this mod?

Was it worth the time or would you do it again?

Thanks guys for the info in advance. :rockon

·
Ride Naked!
503 Posts
If I got a Turn One Airbox would I have to get the same manf. snorkel?

If I got the Air Box can I use the OEM snorkel or vise versa?

Do I have to get the bike re-mapped after this mod?

You can use the stock snorkel with the T1 airbox and you can use the T1 snorkel with a stock airbox...although there wouldn't be any point. The snorkel helps little in the HP department, but the airbox does wonders. Worth several horsepower and several pounds.

Yes, you do have to get the bike re-mapped with an airbox.

·
LiveStrong
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can use the stock snorkel with the T1 airbox and you can use the T1 snorkel with a stock airbox...although there wouldn't be any point. The snorkel helps little in the HP department, but the airbox does wonders. Worth several horsepower and several pounds.

Yes, you do have to get the bike re-mapped with an airbox.
So, if you were going to start with one of these you would go AirBox first? Can you mix and match brands...ie...Thorston snorkel and Turn One Airbox? Or the other way around. I only ask because everything I buy at this point will be used for this bike and sometimes it is hard to find exactly what you need. As I am sure you know.

·
Registered
109 Posts
stock snorkle...

i'll give you some bucks for your snorkle if that will sway your opinion a little...I need a stock one!

·
Registered
67 Posts
I would do the air box I did mine and with the right map it goes like crazy and the sound is great. As well the weight savings for the cash is huge. Check out squidskins I liked there box.

·
Registered
19 Posts

I bought a T1 airbox direct from Brett, it made 127 WHP with a Durbahn Off-The-Shelf PCIIIr map and 130.8Whp with custom map.

And it sounds soooooo cool :woot: It just sounds (and goes!) like a completely different bike.........the induction noise is addictive :D

Is it worth it? Absolutely!

HTH

·
Premium Member
14,924 Posts
FWIW the intake offers very little other then weight loss and looks:D

The OEM intake and filters flow enough CFM to run a big block chevy. the advantage of the airbox is a larger gulp of air and the weight loss it provides

many have had great gains with them and i have no complaints of mine

·
Craft Int Instructor
700 Posts
The snorkel makes a difference, not a huge difference but a difference. I had DUCSHOP tune my RC after airbox before snorkel, because I thought it wouldnt make a difference. Did a track day on Fri, installed snorkel, did same track on Monday...and felt a difference. Went back and had Mark re-dyno/tune it, without telling him about the snorkel, first run, he turns to me and said its running lean from 4k up..added some fuel.altered some values, and theres a difference.:woot:

It was a T1 snorkel/box.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts