Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 03 with a few aftermarket goodies on her and I am wondering what options are out there as far as headers go? I realize that there are headers out there for crazy engine combos. I doubt I will ever be running the kind of gear needed to make power with headers like that. What options are out there for headers that make power on run of the mill pigs?
I have the following engine mods:
turnone snorkel/airbox
yoshi ems
Black Dragon banzai exhaust

Ive had gixxers in the past and they really woke up with aftermarket units

·
Registered
526 Posts
No idea on the post... but gotta REP my peeps in PV! what what... I grew up there.... then left as soon as I could hahaha :rockon

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha
I am from scottsdale and moved up here like 4 years ago. I have no ****ing idea what I am doing here:wacky

Lots of good roads to ride on though. I coach football for bradshaw

·
Registered
526 Posts
I forget the name of the road... but its up through prescott? the back way to phoenix? I left before I really got into riding so I never got to appreciate it. Everytime I go home Im temped to buy a bike just to ride that road... oh and the road up to Jerome!

·
Purveyor of immaturity
615 Posts
just take your stock headers have them cleaned up and ceramic coated, thats all you really need to do

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
Most headers come as part of a full 2-1 system (yoshimura, jardine, tsukigi, erion) or a 2-2 like the akro system in the classifieds right now (also made by hindle, mori, Leo Vince, etc). As far as i know none of them mate up where the stock header does. Hindle possibly does. Most, if not all full 2-2 systems are out of production by now and are rarely found new. Rothmans is trying to get a full race akro replica or something similar made, but it will probably be a while and $$$

I think money would be better spent on proper tuning and high quality slip ons. Get your stock header unit ceramic plated and call it good.

·
Purveyor of immaturity
615 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts