Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have sato high mounts on my sp2, but a stock header, can i add a aftermarket header or are the slip ons different for a full system? any reccomendations for a different brand of full system that would be better?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ceramic coatings have a very low heat transfer coefficient. This means they do not absorb heat efficiently which makes them an excellent thermal barrier. This is why headers are commonly coated with ceramic paint to keep temperatures low. A byproduct of retaining the heat within the exhaust gas instead of transferring it through the piping of the exhaust is also an increase in power. This occurs because the exhaust gases stay hotter longer which allows them to leave the vehicle at higher velocities. This means a reduction in backpressure and an increase in horsepower will result.

·
RC51 only 4stroke I liked
168 Posts
The only drawback to this is the header walls being too thin and cracking, especially after they get so hot they are splashed with cold water.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.