Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put a set of Renthal grips on my 996 tonight and was unable to get the throttle side completely over the left end of the throttle tube. Now a small portion of the left side of throttle tube is exposed. Is this normal? Do they or someone else make a set that are made like the oem kind that fit over the lip of the throttle tube?

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
There may be grips available that fit but on my ST4 it was hard to find them so I just carefully cut-off the old grip, leaving that portion on, and then cut the new grips shorter and pushed them on until the two parts met. It's been 2 years now and they haven't moved a bit. In the photos you can see the color difference but in real life it looks fine.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks DanST4! I appreciate the fast response & pic. Good idea, I wish I would have thought of that before I took the blade to it. I took your advise & cut the end of the old grip & glued it back on. It doesn't look as good as yours, but it looks better.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I did the exact same thing as DanST4. I have the progrips that are black on the ends and gray in the moddle. You can't even tell. It is the only thing I could come up with, without going back to a stock grip.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts