Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done the search routine and even looked through some past threads so...

My girlfriend ordered me a new exhaust (slip-ons, not a full system). Now my bike is bone stock, is the exhaust going to be basically plug and play or is there anything that may need adjustment (like the computer)?

Thanks in advance for the help.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Aftermarket exhaust and PCIII (Red Thunder)

u such a lucky boyfreind..
my wife face alwiz turn sour everytime she knew i bought something for the bike..

i think its plug and play but if you want to get the best out of cans, you got to installed the pciiir and mapped it accordingly..i'll leave that to all the sifus (master) here

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Aftermarket exhaust and PCIII (advocatt)

I agree and thank you for your help. I was concerned and had heard that you couldn't install the new pipes without the PCIII. I found that (via RC51.org) although it isn't necessary to install the PCIII, you will definately benifit from it being in place. I was also thinking about wrapping my headers and found answers to that thought from the same site. Thanks again -Dave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
installing a power commander isn't necessary, but it definitely helps smooth out the power delivery and you get the extra ponies when u tune it, btw u have best gf on earth...mine is plotting the RCs death a we speak.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Aftermarket exhaust and PCIII (Red Thunder)

another problem you "might" have is back firing with out the pciiir...man all i have to say is that the pciiir is WAY WORTH the $300 bucks!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Aftermarket exhaust and PCIII (RVT4LIFE)

The pair mod will take care of most of the backfiring and its FREE.Do yourself a favor and do the flapper mod too.I would think that a pc is more important than the exhaust.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Aftermarket exhaust and PCIII (tg413)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tg413 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I would think that a pc is more important than the exhaust.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hey, she's the one that told me that she wanted to get me that for my birthday, I'm not going to turn it down. And it saves me the $1500 on pipes which I can just turn around and use for the pcIII.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
guys Im new here, maybe you guys already touch on this subject, but I just bought a set of satos banzai and I'm an need for a power commander map. any help will be apreciated.
my bike is an 04 rc51 with just the flapper valve mod and power commander.
Thanks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: (Moyoyin)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Moyoyin »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">guys Im new here, maybe you guys already touch on this subject, but I just bought a set of satos banzai and I'm an need for a power commander map. any help will be apreciated.
my bike is an 04 rc51 with just the flapper valve mod and power commander.
Thanks.</TD></TR></TABLE>

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: (Bill Gates)

Thanks for the info, and I do plan on getting the PCIII but the girlfriend likes to remind me of our approaching wedding plans. I plan on getting the power commander around Xmas time and if I do happen to run into choppiness or backfiring I'll perform the flapper valve mod. Thanks again

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: (Red Thunder)

do not waver from your initial (and should be only) choice of SATO banzai's

even when she finds out there won't be any lugging her ass around on the back! lol

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: (sportbiker)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sportbiker »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">do not waver from your initial (and should be only) choice of SATO banzai's

even when she finds out there won't be any lugging her ass around on the back! lol
</TD></TR></TABLE>

That discussion has already taken course and she was a bit heart broken when she realized by looking at pics with sato's installed. A little white lie didn't hurt, "sure babe, I can still tote you along..." But she was more concerned with burning her ass on the pipes rather than having a place to put her feet. Though she usually puts her feet on my calves when I lug her around. But the Sato's have already been ordered...there's no wavering here!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts