Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
arizona rc51
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
top 'o the day to everyone. recently been noticing more pulsing vibes in the bars and especially in the mirrors at certain rpm ranges in different gears. mostly aound just before mid range only. mirrors and grips are smooth and clear after 5500rpm's. prior to gettin' past the 4000 mi mark, i never felt those or seen in the mirrors the amount of pulsing vibes i feel now in that rpm area. this typical or can be expected more as the bike ages in miles? :confused:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Mine does the same thing if I lug it. Quit lugging the engine in the 3-4K range which is where it will vibe/pulsate/shake more. If you keep it at 4K or above you should be fine. If you're just toting along at 3-4K RPM and twist the throttle the it's gonna vibe/pulsate/shake more than when you whack it in the 5K and up range.

Tighten all your nuts and bolts up which will vibrate loose on a V-twin and ride that beotch.

·
arizona rc51
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:rockon will do. i need to get out of that around town habit. when i was in japan for 9 years, their low posted speeds was sad, and never really went out of 3rd most times. granted i owned a cb1300 and zrx1200r there, my second twin here in arizona... just ain't like the fours. :p
just love that nice low grunt from the jardine's when in the lower rpms. :notworthy

·
Registered
17 Posts
On a RC-51--avoid any city-like driving like the plague. Seems like you are always in 1st or 2nd gear, the coolant temps climb, your nuts roast and everyone is trying to kill you.

From Phoenix, here's a kick ass "all day long ride" for you...I take the opposite direction when I'm down in Tucson. Anyway...

Hwy 60 East to Globe then NE to Show Low then W to Eagar.
From Eagar, take 191 South to Clifton then to Safford then S to I-10.
Take I-10 to Tucson
Go blast up Mt. Lemmon road a few times.
Head to Phoenix via I-10 or through Florence

Later.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Definitely stay off the throttle under 5k. The more throttle you give it at low RPMs the worse it will vibrate. I find mine is actually vibrating less now that I have more miles on it and it's because I'm cruising at higher RPMs then I was when I was breaking it in plus I was constantly varying RPMs during break in which just made it worse.

·
arizona rc51
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:notworthy I appreciate it guys. and thanks for the info on some of the rides in az. i drive a lot of those roads from my truck, but only a few of them on my rc51. now it gettin' much cooler out now... I will need to try them out. :rockon the two rides i like the most are going up to Flagstaff on I-17 and also going up to Payson onto Flagstaff on Lake Mary Rd. :cool:

·
Registered
853 Posts
Keep the motor above 4000 rpms,try a powercommander,with a good map,you have a smoother ride.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts