Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In or out? What do YOU think we should do NOW?

Here's my take:
The Taliban and AQ are two different things but both pose a similar problem for us. The Taliban is protected in Pakistan and as soon as we leave Afghanistan the Taliban will rush in and take over, if they aren't beat down by local war lords. So making Afghanistan a free and stable place that is not home to the Taliban is pointless. Either way the Taliban is not going away. Our being in Afghanistan is not going to change the AQ situation either. AQ can train anywhere, especially in Pakistan where they are protected by sympathizers in the Pakistani military and government, but several other countries too. So we can't end the Taliban wish to take back Afghanistan and we can't keep AQ from training. What the F are we doing then? We are just going through the motions, with unrealistic expectations about the outcome. All the while it is costing us some very good people and many billions of dollars. I'll bet my manhood those things could be better used elsewhere. I don't care what strategy Patreus/Obama come up with. Afghanistan is a tribal land of never-ending poverty and corruption. It has way less potential than even Iraq, and Iraq is still a mess.

There is also a chance that the Taliban won't be so accommodating to AQ. After AQ brought the wrath of the U.S. military down on them in 2001 it is conceivable that the Taliban won't allow Afghanistan to be a base of operations in the future. The Taliban may have learned something about associating with international terrorists. Whatever the case, we'd be watching that country like a hawk after leaving. With continually improving drones and a now-established spy network inside Afghanistan I don't think what happened pre-9/11 has a good chance of recurring. In fact, it probably has a better chance of occuring outside Afghanistan.

So I'd say get out of both countries and see what happens. There's a good chance our departure will take the wind out of AQ sails anyway as public opinion there softens on us and hardens on them. It may be our most effective strategy and certainly our least costly.

Stay in, get out?

·
Meatball's Dad
2,752 Posts
I am for handing over the reigns to France now that they have officially declared war on Al Qaeda and we can bring our troops home. This way we can point at them when they surrender a week later.

·
Nice Member
1,669 Posts
we should go over there and find there leaders and talk o them, explain our side of the situation. Maybe meet them over some tea. Maybe we can all find some middle ground. Say let them continue their scourge of the country and we leave, on the premise that they leave the US again, maybe Obama can meet with them..take Polosi and Reed. Take Biden too...hell take the whole team and include Holder to make it all legal...fair and square.

Then BOMB the liver shit out those immoral,Sons of Bitches!:rockon

·
2005 RC51
99 Posts

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm glad the US is in my country to "REBUILD AND SET UP DEMOCRACY"

No, the U.S. Didn’t Just ‘Discover’ a $1T Afghan Motherlode (Updated) | Danger Room | Wired.com

Yeah right dude, it's all a power struggle between nations, war lords and corporations...

The U.S. has known about the minerals for a while now. Do you really think they are going to let a potential $1 Trillion fall into the hands of the Taliban, China or Russia?

Wake up people!
This is a very interesting post, whoever posted. Did Dick Cheney's Energy Task Force discuss minerals in Asskrakistan? China is setting up shop in Africa. Is Asskrak our next frontier? Any capitalist worth his salt would be thinking in those terms. Yeah, I guess we'll be staying.

nero, don't encourage the troll:wacky .:twocents

·
Registered
129 Posts
If we pull out Iran will have to travel all the way to Mexico to do cross border operations against americans.

·
Registered
5,440 Posts

·
Naturally Exasperated
4,019 Posts
Gawd you do a lot of (gagging) then follow it up by (puking)... hmmm... Sounds like you're really into the whole glory thing...

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Redistribution of wealth

Let's see if I have this correct. It's not okay to redistribute wealth to poor Americans but it's okay to distribute to Afghanis.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/03/world/asia/03wikileaks-corruption.html

Here's a highlight for those who don't click on links:
"Ahmed Zia Massoud held the post of first vice president from 2004 to 2009. Last year, a cable reported, Mr. Massoud was caught by customs officials carrying $52 million in unexplained cash into the United Arab Emirates."
"Yet while his official salary was a few hundred dollars a month, he lives in a waterfront house on Palm Jumeirah, a luxury Dubai community that is also home to other Afghan officials. When a reporter visited the dwelling this year, a Rolls-Royce was parked out front."

I remember hearing Slick Dick Cheney brag about democracy in Afghanistan. Well, I wonder what he really thinks.

WhenTF are we going to cut that hellhole loose and cut our losses?

After reading this I think I've become a Assange supporter. We have a right to know. Asskrakistan it is.
A trillion in Asskrakistan and a trillion+ in Iraqnam - off budget. And our fearless leaders want to end unemployment that goes directly into OUR economy? God, you gotta love our wisdom.:banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead
Phuk Government and phuk the Pentagon.

·
Meatball's Dad
2,752 Posts
You have heard that the region is the bread basket for the herion trade, haven't you?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
^
Weak.
It always has been and it always will be. That's not why we're there.
If you're worried about keroin use in the U.S. start education people about how incredibly addictive heroin is and how it destroys every part of your life. Also, stop lying about marijuana so people will learn to believe the messenger.

·
Meatball's Dad
2,752 Posts
I keep forgetting how you seem to operate on half a brain compared to everyone else.

Heroin sales is huge. There exists the distinct possibility that the Afghan dignitary caught with the money might have been trying to leave with DRUG MONEY.

The only weak thing here is YOUR ABILITY TO REASON.:rolleyes:

Where did I ever say that the US was in Afghanistan because of drugs?

·
Naturally Exasperated
4,019 Posts
Panel: Widespread waste and fraud in war spending - Yahoo! News
WASHINGTON (AP) — As much as $60 billion in U.S. tax dollars has been lost to waste and fraud in Iraq and Afghanistan over the past decade due to lax oversight of contractors, poor planning and corruption, according to an independent panel.
You think the war mongers will remember this then next time they screech for a lying war and and religious agenda? What is important is that the rest of us remember and VOTE to say no to these asses. The ones who want to cut education, arts, infrastructure, aid research.. blah blah.

The asses who voted YES to war.. are they responsible? Are they getting the bill?
NO.. It all Obama's fault... Cheney and the neocons are fat and happy tho...

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Dude, American wars too often are reactionary leaps based on unfounded fear backed by lack of wisdom. Just think of the costs and the benefits. What a big phucking waste of resources. Coulda been done a lot cheaper, IMO. There may have been another attack or two along the way but the cost/benefit is a hard thing for me to stomach. Isn't it ironic that OBL said he wished the U.S. would invade Asskrakistan? That statement was probably bravado but there is undeniable wisdom in it. Look at our situation. AQ has bled us dry, admit it or not - and what have they lost, a bunch of no-name marters.
Come to think of it, someone else bled us dry in Iraqnam. Care to guess who it was?

·
Naturally Exasperated
4,019 Posts
The truly scary part is: There they are, still talking the same crap, still talking the same lie. Unaffected by catastrophic loss, damage and failure. Willing to deny success in the name of brand. Fully prepared to call a blatant failure either: An unqualified success or someone else's fault. Totally unaware of how bullying affects people and makes them seek justice in any manner they possibly can. Detached from the reactions they get from unlawfully attacking and killing, torturing others. Unwilling to shut down xenophobic racists and violent 'brown' haters.

Through all of it, they continue to hurt their own country by trying to subvert democracy, the rule of law and, as is WELL DOCUMENTED, they wrecked democracies and regimes all over.. The only thing left is for them to conspire to debouch unregulated effluents into the environment.. The one way, irreversible pollution quagmire.. They're well on their way to doing just that. The last 'quagmire' taught them ZERO...:eek:

Funny how they say Libya isnt a big deal, Egypt is a threat to Israel, the Arab spring is dry..blah blah... and yet, NOT A PEEP about 60b going to a country that is 99% Sharia law.. their 'dreaded' enemy. Not a peep about how this Sharia country is slaughtering its protesters.. But lots of endless complaints about peoples who revolt in as peaceful a manner as ever imagined. Nucking futs...
Reich wing is a reich for a reason...

1 - 20 of 74 Posts