Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering ordering an Aerostitch Roadcrafter suit, and have a fitment question: It looks like the 40 Regular will fit, but in the alterations section, they have an alteration that rotates the shoulders forward and makes some more changes so the suit fits better in a sportbike crouch.

My question is, any Aerostitch Roadcrafter wearers here? Is this alteration necessary, or could I get by with a standard cut? I mean, I'm sure it's wearable without the mod, just maybe more comfortable on something like a 749?

The reason I ask is there is a slightly used one available in my size with no alterations for a decent price, and saving money would be a very good thing for me...

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Aerostitch Question: (Chuckles)

why not buy the used one and try it out (it really depends on personal preference, arm length, and body type). plus, if you really need it, you can have the used 'stich altered to include the rotated shoulders (though usually not necessary). it's a good sporttouring suit but i'd get something stronger for trackdays and such. fwiw.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Aerostitch Question: (edwyun)

That's very good advice, thanks!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I have one that I've used for the past 3 years. I ordered mine based on their chart and then I added one size - e.g., the sizing chart said I was a 44 so I ordered a 46 to allow for more room when I layer clothing underneath. The suit fits very well although I've had two snaps pull through which required replacement. One other thing, these suits are not warm. I originally bought it for winter riding and froze my butt off. I now wear a heated vest under the suit. They are extremely comfortable and easy to get on/off .... but they look pretty goofy, especially when you're riding a Duc.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I have the suit with no alterations and no problems on the any of my bikes. Definitely size up to be able to layer though. Mike

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Aerostitch Question: (hillbilly)

Not really an answer to your question, but if you're looking at the Aerostitch and don't have a "price is no object" thing going, then you own your self a look at the competition. I have a Feildshere Highlander suit. It is pretty much an Aerostitch knock-off. I use it for colder days and find it very comfortable on my SS. It comes with hard armor and a full liner that is removable in two pieces (you can remove the leg lining but leave the top). It has more pockets than you could ever have a need for, and plenty reflective material. It isn't as goofy looking as the Aerostitch, and it is VERY warm. I am complete wimp when it comes to the cold, and I was comfortable in mid to high 30s riding to work. You can find them on sale normally for about a 1/4 of the price of an Aerostitch, but is is definitely not a 1/4 of the suit. I got mine for $190.00 on sale from Brockton Cycle. Not sure if they have any left at that price, but even at full price, it's a killer deal. If you're looking for something to use all year, maybe the Aerostitch is the best choice. I will use the Highlander suit only for the cold months and not as a replacement for leathers.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have an Aerostich - stopped by the shop in Duluth and had one of hte seamstresses fit me. Works great.

they'll send you a suit to try on for fit. You can then decide what alterations you need. If in the area, they have oner or two suits of each size in the shop as well as a bike frame thing to sit on to try it out. Pretty cool.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re:Simple answer, Cal Aerostitch and have them send out the suits.

Just photographed an article for Hot Rod Bikes Magazine that my editor, Steve Bohn wrote, and it's my understanding that they'll send out a test suit for you to try on and compare differences. This way they make you the perfect suit. My suit has the arms forward alteration to compensate for some of the long bodied bikes I'm on...short guy, long bike.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Aerostitch Question: (redduck)

I have the Highlander also, and have been wearing it all winter. I ride with a T-shirt under a regular workshirt and then the suit, at a low thus far of 19 F., and I was warm. It has all kinds of pockets, hard armor, reflective panels, etc., it's waterproof, and it has a zip-out lining. It also fits very well, with plenty of length in the arms and legs for the "sport crouch".

Not to be a smart ass, but it doesn't cost eight million dollars, so it's not particularly popular among some of the Speedzilla set.
And no mints, either.
But you should check it out, anyway.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts