Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to replace the rear stay on my SP2, the original one got tweaked when I dumped the bike, so had to buy a new one and now I'm a little nervous separating and un-plugging all the wiring and harnesses. I took several pics at different angles so I'll have a picture of how everything flows all around the stay frame but wanted to know if anyone has done this job and what suggestions, do's & don'ts etc. to advise me before I get in over my head, thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
Be careful not to strip the Hex bolts that hold the subframe in place.

Use a hex bit and wratchet vs a hex wrench to help with the removal, then find yourself some bolts that don't strip as easy has hex and put those in place of the hex bolts when you re-install. :twocents

Stunna

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeh I already bought the right size hex socket, think it was a size 50, not as precise a fit as a metric socket but got all 4 loose without stripping any. As for the color matching, that makes sense and a lot easier, haven't started disassembling yet so didn't notice, thanks for the input!!!

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Be careful not to strip the Hex bolts that hold the subframe in place.

Use a hex bit and wratchet vs a hex wrench to help with the removal, then find yourself some bolts that don't strip as easy has hex and put those in place of the hex bolts when you re-install. :twocents

Stunna
+1 on replacing the hex bolts. If you do strip them and want to stick with OEM, I have a set I can give you

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I certainly appreciate the offer, thankyou! :notworthy

I was extremely careful removing the hex bolts and even though they were very snug, and the sz50 hex socket wasn't a tight fit, they came out without a problem and went back in just as easy...haven't looked up the specific torque setting for them but they're pretty tight.

The whole process wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, looked more ominous than it is, hardly any un-plugging needed and everything went back where it was.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts