Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody like these? i have a link here for them and have contacted them in reference to their systems.

the 2-1-2 is a regular mount and roughly $1600

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: advantage full exhaust (RC Cola)

Dear Mark,
Thank you very much for your inquiry. My name is Hidenori Kamii, and I
am the owner of P. A. FACTORY/Project H2. Project H2 handles overseas
inquiries and orders for ADVANTAGE.

ADVANTAGE Hybrid exhaust system has 2 type.
Here is the product Information about your request:

Parts No.: 143-1018-SO
Name: ADVANTAGE Hybrid exhaust system for VTR1000SP-1 Full exhaust
Type: 2-1-2 Full exhaust system
Price: $1,650.00 (shipping does not included)

Material:
Exhaust pipe = SUS stainless steel with polish finish
Silencer = Titanium with anodized gradation, mirror finish

Specification
Product type: Replacement exhaust system (produced on license from the
Japan standard).
Mount: Bolt on (does not require any modifications or setting).
Performance: 5 % up at the max rpm.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Parts No.: 143-1009-212
Name: ADVANTAGE Hybrid exhaust system for VTR1000SP-1 Slip on
Type: Slip on
Price: $1,100.00 (shipping does not included)
Material:
Silencer = Titanium with anodized gradation, mirror finish

Specification
Product type: Replacement exhaust system (produced on license from the
Japan standard).
Mount: Bolt on (does not require any modifications or setting).
Performance: 5 % up at the max rpm.

* Both exhaust systems are including mounting parts.

If you are interested in purchasing parts, Project H2 is a distributor
for Advantage. We would be more than happy to help you place orders.
All items would be shipped from Japan directly to you.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Hidenori Kamii

P.A.FACTORY/PROJECT-H2
http://www.project-h2.com
_/_/ Hide Kamii _/_/

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Reminds me of early version Sato cans with a funky color sleeve.

$1600 is alot of cash to spend on a system that nobody (at least in the U.S.) has experiance with. Not to mention where are you gonna get the proper map for such an exhaust system other than shelling out more money for dyno time & a custom map?

Aratas look nice

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (Wrist Rocket)

I'm still trying to understand why the RC/SP community stopped at the Sato's???

When taking into consideration all that was offered for the RC/SP in Japan.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: (RC51inItaly)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RC51inItaly »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm still trying to understand why the RC/SP community stopped at the Sato's???

When taking into consideration all that was offered for the RC/SP in Japan.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I would imagine that it is due to availibility more than anything else.

Some of these parts houses can be fairly difficult to do business with, or even find, if you dont speak/ read japanese.

Also, there is very little incentive for US importers as the profit margin is no better than with readily available parts.

That being said, you got any suggestions?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: (eye-p)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eye-p »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I would imagine that it is due to availibility more than anything else.

Some of these parts houses can be fairly difficult to do business with, or even find, if you dont speak/ read japanese.

Also, there is very little incentive for US importers as the profit margin is no better than with readily available parts.

That being said, you got any suggestions?</TD></TR></TABLE>

The problem isn't availability its distribution.

Distribution and management.

Distribution management and enterprise. Alot of Japanese comapnies have done well to deal in the American market segemant. Yoshimura, Sato and Arata for example wouldn't do it if there wasn't a profit to be made.

My suggestion is for those with the resources to explore other avenues.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: (mrgrn)

They look kind of cool but the more I look at them the less I like them welds don't look that great and what's with the seam running down the pipe? Also look at the spring bracket it's just riveted to the outside of the can and $1600 doesn't even get you titatanium mid pipes? I have to question a company that can't even seem to line up the pipes properly for a picture you wouldn't take the time to do that? Good point about the map too that will be costly unless this company has made one but judging from what I've seen probably not if so it's questionable at best.
IMO

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: (rc74racer)

A map off the internet is only a starting point- at best.

Truth is, each bike is different enough that to get the most out of them they NEED dyno time.

Of course there are exceptions, but why would anyone spend $1000+ on pipes and not the extra $180 on dyno time?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: (eye-p)

You're right each bike can be a little different but if you buy high end pipes for the RC you can get very good maps from manufacturers and places like DK. I've seen the dyno #s for both these and custom dyno maps virtually no difference not sure it's worth the $$$. With these pipes for sure I'd do a custom map but that's part of my point no good map to start with + very unique pipes = high dyno time more money $$$ and they are already $1600!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

all bikes and pipes can use a custom map, period! If you think you are buying pipes that have a map with them that is a compramise, period!

if you buy a expensive exhaust and do not get a custom map then you are screwing yourself, including the sato.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: (mrgrn)

I think we are digressing here my point was about the pipes you posted not being worth $$$ and the whole map deal was only one of my points. If you have the extra cash by all means get a custom map done from a quality mechanic that knows how to dyno tune but having a decent place to start can save you dyno time and cash. I think I may do a comparo soon between a DK/Arata map, the map from Arata and a custom map from a very good mechanic I get a deal on dyno time and it would be interesting to see. I'll talk to him about doing it when his shop slows downs and post my results.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rc74racer »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think we are digressing here my point was about the pipes you posted not being worth $$$ and the whole map deal was only one of my points. If you have the extra cash by all means get a custom map done from a quality mechanic that knows how to dyno tune but having a decent place to start can save you dyno time and cash. I think I may do a comparo soon between a DK/Arata map, the map from Arata and a custom map from a very good mechanic I get a deal on dyno time and it would be interesting to see. I'll talk to him about doing it when his shop slows downs and post my results. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Whether or not they're worth the money is subjective.
I like your train of thought though. Do that ish I think it would be educational.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts