1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
401 Posts
Why to late?:banghead What would you for a steering damper? Have to loose the scotts?

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
wonder why the aftermarket guys haven't gotten to these already? Mori/dan kyle links, radial caliper mounts, snorkles,airbox, and hopefully now these??:rockon

·
Registered
401 Posts
Thanks. What would be required of scotts to use their damper on these clamps a new stem nut design? How about attacks can you use scotts on theirs. If I was RAM, attack, gilles, harris.. I think I would offer a optional nut to mount one of the most popular damper on the market. No?:twocents

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
Am I the only one who thinks that Gilles stuff looks like crap?

Good luck on getting anything to work with them, even though all they would need is a nut with the notch around it and a notch on the back of triple top for the nub on the outer ring to sit down into

·
Premium Member
14,924 Posts
Am I the only one who thinks that Gilles stuff looks like crap?

Good luck on getting anything to work with them, even though all they would need is a nut with the notch around it and a notch on the back of triple top for the nub on the outer ring to sit down into

i got a set used for my RC30. they might not look the best but they are adjustable and IMO not as bad looking once mounted

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
I would go for attack triples over these.

I just don't like how they try to make their stuff look very industrial and utilitarian, and it just comes out looking gay. Their rearsets look like crap too. The adjustable clip ons they have are ugly as sin and overpriced too. I'm sorry but almost $400 for some clip ons is f-ing ridiculous. Not to mention how much heavier they are.

·
Registered
401 Posts
yeah, b miller gilles must of got their design cues off of a rvt1000r. Ugly, overweight, and so many other choices out there.:D

·
Premium Member
14,924 Posts
I would go for attack triples over these.

I just don't like how they try to make their stuff look very industrial and utilitarian, and it just comes out looking gay. Their rearsets look like crap too. The adjustable clip ons they have are ugly as sin and overpriced too. I'm sorry but almost $400 for some clip ons is f-ing ridiculous. Not to mention how much heavier they are.

i would have to agree with you there:)

i got my used R1 triples for $400 so i will have to eat it for now

·
Registered
416 Posts
Well?????

I will have to show my stupidity and ask the question. What and how are these adjustable? And what is the benefit? DUUUHHHH :confused::confused: Sorry Guys :confused:

This is a new one on me, and I can't learn if I don't ask. HOOVY

·
Registered
296 Posts
The adjustable triple clamps allow you to adjust the amount of trail without having to raise or lower your forks, which also changes rake and ride height.
Less trail equals quicker steering at the expense of stability.
More trail equals more stability at the expense of steering quickness.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts