Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
Sportbikes are awful at lawful speeds... any good detector will keep your
butt out of jail... I decided on the Bel 975r Remote...
RadarTest.com – Best radar detector reviews from the world’s most respected authority.

I fabricated a special Delrin mount and blends the gauges with the
warning pod... I used wax transfer letters to spell out "Oh Shit"

I fabricated a small Delrin box to house the antenna and mounted it
under the fairing...

Even Mr.CHP gets a kick out of the "Oh Shit" on the signal pod...

·
Registered
409 Posts
I use the Vizalert with a Passport 8500.
Love it. The Vizalert is very bright at night but works great during the day. It needs to be dimable at night.

·
Registered
103 Posts

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
what about jammers? I know, I know they're not legal... neither is speeding. anyone have any info on that? sorry, wasnt trying to thread jack :notworthy
You may jam Laser because it's only regulated by Food and Drug... whereas
radar is controlled by the FCC and... as you put it... very illegal to jam...

·
Nice Member
1,669 Posts
Yeah, I know its illegal, that's the point.

Larry I thought the v4 wasn't visable to radar? :)

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
Larry I thought the v4 wasn't visable to radar? :)

Oh I wish... the CHP have been feeling out gunned lately in the radar wars...
consequently they now employ instant on radar which no detector picks up...
so before you can say "Oh Sh*t"... it's to late...

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
I have been using a Valentine1 for about 5 years in my truck and on my bike. So far no tickets, been close but no cigar for the man. On the bike I use the Marc Parnes LED's for a signal. I got tired of the audio sound in my helmet. I'd rather listen to music than chirping to door alarms in conjested areas. So far the LED's are working as advertised. Very bright at night almost too bright. Just right in the daytime even with a summer sun at your back. I did have one problem early on with my Valentine. It stopped working on K band which nearly cost me a ticket. I contacted Valentine and sent the unit back. Week later it came back good as new at no charge to me. I need to run the serial number and check the updateness of the unit I just have not gotten around to it. Instant on radar is hard to detect but you learn to be just as sneaky as the man on how to use or not to use your radar. It just takes practice. I don't do 100 mph down the road everywhere (well close:D ) but its nice to have because most of your speed trap cops are the one horse johnny types not the state troopers. The one horse types tend to cruise with it on all the time the troopers are a little more sneaky with it so you have to pay attention to what your doing out on the highway. I usually let a faster vehicle run 1/4 to 1/2 mile ahead and just let that be my instant on warning:woot: when they get pinged I know it instantly.

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
The only way to "jam" a radar unit would be to EXACTLY pinpoint the location of the transmitter and fire back a stronger signal at EXACTLY the same time (hitting a TINY lens dead on). In other words it ain't gonna happen. Radar blankets an area so therefore it can be jammed with a stronger signal.

-Rocky-

1 - 12 of 12 Posts