Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after 4 years of track day riding...and street riding, its about time that I went down. This happened today at Miller Motorsports Park

Such a weird feeling and some pics of the aftermath:

Not horrible damage, foot peg, clip on, some scratches on the tank, left side fairing, broken upper fairing and intake tube.

Gear worked like it was suppose to and I jumped up after the crash (being in the middle of the race line)...All in all it could have been worse.

Long story short, lost the rear, pushed the front. Lucky there was no high side and I walked away with a few sore muscles and plenty of good lessons. :D

Trent

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Welcome to the club! I have to say my riding style did change after my first crash. It did mess up my confidence in corners (where I crashed) but at the same time I cared less about crashing and wrecking an already crashed bike.

Glad you walked away without any damage to yourself!

·
Street and Track Moderator
3,888 Posts
Glad it was an easy one and your ok. Put some race bodywork and some choice parts on and get that bastage back out there. BTW, these 1000cc bikes will bite you, even one as easy to ride as the cbr. I suggest getting Bazzaz with TC for that beast, it is a relatively cheap safety feature. I have an 08 1000rr with the full Bazzaz setup and it has saved my ass on at least, three separate occasions.

Matthew

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you're goon be so much faster now.. im wiling to bet that crashed made you at least 1 second a lap faster frm now on ;)
I'm sure it wont slow me down that is for sure. I was pushing the stock CBR pretty hard that day. It was sad to see the stock body so...not clean anymore.

I think it is time for a track bike since I'm using the RC for what little street riding I'm doing.

Here I come shopping list!

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's never time man. Glad you're alright, that's the most important thing.
Guess I should have said that a little different. 4 years of dual types of riding. I've been riding for almost ten years..wow really ten (where does the time go).

Anyone want to share some good parts links?

Got scotts motorcycle parts already down :)

·
Street and Track Moderator
3,888 Posts
sportbiketrackgear.com superbikesupply.com ridersdiscount to name a few!

·
Registered
176 Posts
I raced dirt through my late teens early 20s and had tons of crashes but didn't crash until about my fifth year of track day riding. Everybody else in my group had some easy lowside that I had managed to avoid for awhile. Then it happened......highside at Fontana. I'm still rebuilding my RC but my confidence has increased a lot since that crash and I'm turning decent laps on my ZX-10 considering the limited track days I get to do with limited funds. Crashing sucks but it happens eventually. Glad to hear you're okay. ;)

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Think I saw all the pics of ya wreck, the photographer was in good position if that was you. Glad to see you walked away from it.
That was a 2007 RR (I think) that low sided in the last turn...he crashed about 5 seconds before I did. I was on the back side of the track in the attitudes....they do live up to their name. There were a good amount of crashes that day.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.