Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
seems that even the people that drew it up have no answer as to whether or not Spies is eligible....

http://www.motomatters.com/opinion/2010/06/10/rossi_s_replacement_and_the_rookie_rule.html

some notable parts of the rule

1.11.11 Riders who enter the Championship for the first time (Rookies) must be entered by a non factory team.

1.11.3.iii Exceptional circumstances will be examined by IRTA and DORNA/FIM.

everyone had been disqualifying Spies under the rookie rule and saying that Crutchlow, Japanese test riders and such would most likely be the ones, but under the rules, they are also rookies.

·
Currently: Moderating
12,576 Posts
seems that even the people that drew it up have no answer as to whether or not Spies is eligible....

http://www.motomatters.com/opinion/2010/06/10/rossi_s_replacement_and_the_rookie_rule.html

some notable parts of the rule

1.11.11 Riders who enter the Championship for the first time (Rookies) must be entered by a non factory team.

1.11.3.iii Exceptional circumstances will be examined by IRTA and DORNA/FIM.

everyone had been disqualifying Spies under the rookie rule and saying that Crutchlow, Japanese test riders and such would most likely be the ones, but under the rules, they are also rookies.
They are wildcards for X amount of races as they weren't listed as entries before the season began, no? Not sure what the limit is, but wildcards are still ok I believe.

Besides, Spies going up solves nothing other than derailing all the momentum he has going right now and having his bike be no better than when he left it when he gets sent back down to the satellite team. "Hey, go ride on the Factory team and when you start to get comfortable on the bike, we'll send u back down so you can be uncomfortable on your old bike that hasn't improved in X amount of races". No upside for anyone.:eek:

·
12,576 Posts
Exceptional circumstances and whatnot...

Doesn't mean I can't take the opportunity to insult Jami.
What yourself as you backpedal. You may run into something. Will be interesting to see who wins the bet. (BTW, you interpretted the rules wrong:woot: )

Just think it's interesting how so few people are actually talking about Spies getting the ride, other than American leghumpers. Hopefully they know something!:rockon

·
Registered
839 Posts
I'm pretty sure the rookie rule doesn't apply to wild card / replacement riders, just regular riders that are joining the series for the entire season.

I still haven't seen any good reasons why Spies should want to switch to the Factory FIAT team for a few races.

·
Can Afford To Be Critical
1,852 Posts
Just think it's interesting how so few people are actually talking about Spies getting the ride, other than American leghumpers.
WTF? I thought we all agreed we'd be throwin' Duckdawg into the mix?

We need to start a poll on who we think its going to be. Remember, I've withdrawn my candidacy.

- Duckdawg
- Spies
- Takahashi
- Crutchlow
- Edwards
- Toseland
- Mladin (yeah, I know - a real longshot)
- Bayliss (even longer)

·
Señor Member
1,694 Posts
What yourself as you backpedal. You may run into something. Will be interesting to see who wins the bet. (BTW, you interpretted the rules wrong:woot: )
Did I? Did an official from the FIM tell you this? Because they haven't actually said anything about this yet. Probably won't until Fiat Yamaha tells them who is riding the bike. At which point, they will say "Okey dokey."

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
wild card rider enter with a satellite ride, factory test mule or their own motorcycles, not on a factory backed bike racing regular season....im i wrong?

i mean...when was the last time a wild card ROOKIE rode a factory bike from a factory team?

im not talking a bike prepped for a rider for a wild card, im talking a Repsol, Fiat, Marlboro bike.

·
12,576 Posts
Did I? Did an official from the FIM tell you this? Because they haven't actually said anything about this yet. Probably won't until Fiat Yamaha tells them who is riding the bike. At which point, they will say "Okey dokey."
You interpretted the rules wrong, but will get off if Spies does happen to ride by the disclaimer of "extenuating circumstances". ;) Even Burgess said you were wrong!:woot:

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
every doctor has said 4-5 months so far, one said 6 months for a regular person.....with AMAZING progress, 4 months.

and he said hes not rushing to come back and risk damaging his leg forever just to rush back to a series he cant win anyway. At best he hopes to come back just so that he can re train himself mentally and physically to the race mindset and shape so hes not behind coming 2011.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
In case you don't know, he broke both bones in that leg. That's serious. :(
+1. If he was smart (which he has proven himself to be) he would be done for the season. Championship chase is over. Come back next year fully recovered. What does rushing back really soon prove? I'm fairly certain he has nothing to prove. :twocents

·
Registered
983 Posts
i mean...when was the last time a wild card ROOKIE rode a factory bike from a factory team?

im not talking a bike prepped for a rider for a wild card, im talking a Repsol, Fiat, Marlboro bike.
Actually...Ironically...wasn't it Spies on the Factory Zook?

If I was Spies' representation, I'd argue that he did enter the Championship as a rookie on a satellite team (rule followed to the letter), and now an extenuating circumstance has presented itself...

...and then I'd remember that moving to FIAT would be a bad idea and drop the whole thing. He'll get his shot at the factory team when Rossi moves to Ducati.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts