Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a** hurts....

Took the rice out yesterday for the first of the season
, a 380 mile loop through the mountains of Colorado. Wow does my butt hurt, didn't know that could get out of shape over the winter.
Is an after market seat that much better than the original equipment from Ducati?

Can anyone tell me how to raise the bars on my '02 ST4s? I think a slightly higher sitting position would make the trips easier.

Appreciate any feed back,
Brian

Modified by ducsrule at 11:26 AM 6/14/2005

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: a** hurts.... (ducsrule)

a higher "sitting position" could potentially help the the long trip / back issues......as sit-ups (forward and reverse) will as well. clip on risers will help.....seats - > personally I don't mind stock (as with the rc51 vinyl covered plywood) they are the best for spirited twisty and track riding. The Sargant seat IMO is better than Corbin and you can request a thinner interior as well.

But the cheapest ASS relief is to purchase some padded Bicylce shorts! (that's our secret)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: a** hurts.... (tricklidz1)

Thanks for the input. Sergent or Corbin? That is the question.
Bike shorts will have to do until the above arrives.........

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: a** hurts.... (ducsrule)

I remember my first long ride. Only an hour and a half. I pulled into a rest stop and almost fell off the bike because my legs were numb. Stock seat is more slippery so may be better for moving around on but my Sargent seat rocks!!! Just about the best money I've spent on the bike.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The ST seat is very disceptive. It looks nice and cushy, but it is actually a torture device of the cruelest nature! The problem is where your bones contact the seat. On superbikes the pad is thiner, but there is a wider contact patch, so it doesn't hurt as bad. I had a Sargent on my ST2, and it didn't help that much. I would recommend the Corbin. They have the option for a backrest, and have a hump in the front to help prevent sliding forward.

As for bars, you've got many options. Some cheap, some not. The simple spacers that raise the stock bars run $100 from "Dr. Desmo".Or you could quit messing around and get the real deal Cycle Cat RIPS system to get full adjustibility.

A great resource is the ST list: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/st2_owners

I spent a long time trying to make the ST fit me, and it just never did. I wanted it to be a catch-all bike. It did a lot of things, but I don't think it did any one of them really well. So, I traded in on a 749 that is simply amazing! If I were going to get another sport tourer, I'd look really hard at the Multistrada's.

Modified by georgeb at 7:01 PM 6/17/2005

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: (georgeb)

georgeb,

Thanks for the input, no doubt the ST seat is terrible (torture device). With breaking you slide forward and after about 100 miles everything below the belt is numb... :

I think simple spacers for the bars will suffice as I only need about 1/2 an inch.

Thanks for the time.
Brian

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: (ducsrule)

Brian,
This is off the subject, but please tell us '92 was the year you were married right??

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: (Tornado-rider)

Wait - maybe his name isn't Brian, but Michael?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: (themagicalswitch)

Tornado Rider,

Yes, '92 married, '05 divorced. Guess I can remove that one from the stable now.
This just means more one up riding for me.......
Brian

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: (ducsrule)

Just noticed you're in CO, where abouts? I'm in Alamosa.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: (Tornado-rider)

I'm in Basalt, near Aspen. Always riding if you're out this way.
Brian

1 - 13 of 13 Posts