Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well its seems to be official.
Our beloved RC51 production run is coming to an
end.
According to http://www.mcnews.com.au on July 14th.

July 14th, 2005

Honda’s big V-twin, the VTR1000SP-2 is now in its final run of production after a long and celebrated history of winning championships both on the track and in the hearts and minds of its owners.

Built with a strict focus on top performance, the VTR1000 SP-2 is, by design, a street-legal race machine equipped with many of the technological advancements seen on Honda's World Superbike Championship winning bike.

Honda dealers across the country are now receiving their final shipments of this pioneering motorcycle and stocks are limited, so anyone considering a purchase should enquire as soon as possible.

The 2005 model further entices with an all new paint job including a black frame, swingarm and front fender, along with silver-coloured wheels.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: A sad day has finally come... (iwc3707)

We are a dying breed. My next bike however will be the KTM RC8 if they bring it stateside or better yet, Honda might come out with the concept bike from 2 years
ago using the RC51 platform. Has anybody heard about this?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: A sad day has finally come... (v-2 superbike)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by v-2 superbike »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">We are a dying breed. My next bike however will be the KTM RC8 if they bring it stateside or better yet, Honda might come out with the concept bike from 2 years
ago using the RC51 platform. Has anybody heard about this? </TD></TR></TABLE>
I doubt the US will get the RC8..........I read somewhere that the US would not get the KTM 990 superduke..............buuuuuuuuuuuuuut I saw at least two of them while I was at Laguna Seca!! One was from Washington and I don't remember where the other one was from. Are you sure the US will get the RC8?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: A sad day has finally come... (backlash)

As far as Honda, I'll let you know in September - when I go to the dealer show.....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I love my RC, don't get me wrong, but the chances that a major motorcycle manufacture won't come up with another really great motorcycle like the RC that appeals to enthusiasts is slim to none. Hell, right now I can think of at least 5 motorcycles that I'd LOVE to have, and given a little time I'm sure I could come up with many more.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (drsus)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by drsus »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if I had a penny for every time........
I can't wait t o see the color scheme for 2006.</TD></TR></TABLE>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (jamarben)

I heard from a guy who heard from a friend that heard from his uncle that heard from a janitor who happens to know the guy who does the rugs at HRC and he said 2006 ain't happen for our beloved RC51 but he did say you ain't gonna belive what will be unvaled sometime in the next three years.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts