·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
Vdue , now that's funny . BYOC -- Bring Your Own Carbs , or use as paperweight .:rockon The RC30 makes the '45 look like a sport-tourer .
The Vdue was a failed experiment in DI two-strokes. Bimota got overly ambitious on that project....

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
IIRC the main problem with the V-Due was from the supplier of cylinders not being able to hold tolerances. When the cylinder was manufactured perfectly the bike ran great, but just a slight variation from nominal and the thing was crap. By the time Bimota got it sorted out they were bankrupt and the bike's reputation was terrible.

I have to think that a small company like Bimota could have built perhaps 100 per year that were factory track-prepped bikes that enthusiasts could use off-road. You could easily sink $20k in buying and prepping a literbike, a 500 two-stroke twin would have been very entertaining, light, and not that expensive to run compared to a four-stroke.

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
A state of the art DI two-stroke would make a formidable sportbike engine (especially with modern electronics to babysit it). I can`t help but wonder how long before someone (like BRP) drops some of the latest DI technology into a modern chassis. Now THAT would (will?) be entertaining!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,874 Posts
I love the Ow-01
always have
trouble is spare parts.if you think RC30 parts are hard to get.....

They were very cheap in japan until a couple of years ago when the locals realized they were/are collectable

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
nomo, you seriously have a terminal case of Handus Kokolitus! A disease with no cure which is quite prevalent among americans!

So defensive that you can't even get the facts straight . Typical . When you had your daddy (sugar or otherwise) buy you an old racer , you should have made sure it was a successful one . C'mon , give us more dick jokes , your specialty .

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
The intent of the Vdue was formidable , but the only ones I've seen running have had carbs retrofitted . Don't know how realistic a prospect it is ($$$) to try to get the DI to work properly .

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
There MAY still be a few Bimota V-Due for sale. Brand new bikes still in the crate.
The Ducati 851 has low values unless is the Tricolore version. While a regular Superbike Strada in very good nick will go for less than 7000€ a Tricolore will fetch an unbelievable 30.000€. :eek:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.