Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
These threads pop-up on this site about twice a year and NOTHING ever comes out of it and nothing ever will.

Short of recreating a Factory HRC pattern and making your own crankcases & such basically spending 3 times the cost of the bike on engine fabrication you will never have a competitive RC51 against 1000cc in-lines. Even the HRC Factory bikes had 400km-1200km service intervals before the entire bottom end had to be rebuilt and they wouldn't be competitive against 1000cc inlines of their time let alone current ones.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
ive just read this thread with great intrest.
im sure its continued else where on here.
but one man mentions he wants to do some experimental engine work and you all come up laughing at him and putting him down.
then a man appears whos done this and you all change your minds.
if it wasnt for these type of men we would still be on horses.
it was a crazy man who thought of making the internal combustion engine proberly cost alot more than what these guys are on about and im quite sure he got laughed at with idiots saying it will never work.
instead of slagging someone off on here why dont you help them with all your technical know how.
im sure most of you are engineers and not truck drivers or just office workers.
its amazing what information you can find on the internet just to shoot a man down.
most of you need to come into the real world and hope for more people like him to push the bounderies of engine development and see what can be done and what cant.
Yea well stick around... This kind of pipe dream happens all the time and NOTHING ever comes of it... Damon is one of the few to stick it out and I can pretty much guarantee you that he is the last one to make the effort and if you ask him if the effort, time & expense was worth it he will give you an honest and empathic No. The personal experience might be worth it for the sake of knowledge, but the performance results are not.

Here's another guy that was going to bore & stroke an RC51

http://www.speedzilla.com/forums/honda-rc51/63200-bore-stroke-ftw.html

Take a guess how it turns out...

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Dare to dream? Nah, **** that. Let's confine ourselves to the boring shit that's already been done by every other standard RC owner.
Let me tell you how it works. If someone is really going to do something on a level takes that amount of skill and cash flow they are not going to solicit advise about it on a web forum full of posers, wannabes and coffee table experts. They already know what they need to do and you won't hear about it until they are done or at the very least have a real work in process.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Is that so? I'm glad you think that you have such an in depth knowledge of how every human on this planet works. 5.4 speedster has been posting questions, etc etc since he's been here. Now he's got a big bore build going. So there went that idea. All I know is Damon and a new guy are done with this site because of the shitty ****ing attitudes like those displayed in this thread. And how is this web forum full of posers? I have seen one guy posing. Posing in front of a lambo, posing with a woman, posing with guns, posing at parties, etc, really all kinds of posing completely unrelated to motorcycling. We're all enthusiasts. Maybe it just makes you feel good inside to talk down to others and make forgone conclusions about who they are as people and what they can accomplish.
We are all posers take a look around and see how many people there are that list all the mods in their signatures all the way down to stupid brake and clutch levers or all the bikes they don't even own anymore so everyone can see all the stuff they can buy. Go ahead tell me how wrong I am... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
I wonder what Dan Kyle would think of all this.
BAHAHAHAHAHAAA! That's a good question you should go ask him and let us know what he says.

People know where to go for the best deals on Ohlins and the only place to get custom 30mm Ohlins cartridge kits for this old bike that everyone else has forgotten about. That service speaks for itself and always has.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
I do that so people know what kind of stuff I've used when I offer advice or opinions. It has nothing to do with posing.
Ohhhhhh that makes perfectly good sense so I guess I need to put the following list into my signature so people know what kind of stuff I've used, tested and researched and then my advise and opinions will be as valued as yours eh...

Aftermarket Airboxes

Aftermarket high flow air filters

Battery mod
Brake Light Switch
Brake Lines
Brake Pads Information Page
Break-in Procedures
Clip-ons info page
Common Torque Values
Commonly Used Part Numbers
Dussault ABS Hugger review & installation instructions
Dussault undertail prototype
Dyno Chart & Tuning Basics
Exhaust Information

Flapper Valve Mod
Frame Slider Instruction Guidefrom Troy Gwin
Gearing & Sprockets
General Suspension Setup

Geometry & Chassis Setup Information
How to convert the eyebrow lights on US spec models
How to fix the kickstand issue on early PCII's
Jim Ahlmans Speedo Recalibrator & Switch Settings
Leathers & Riding Gear
Ohlins Forks Installation Instructions
Paint Codes
Pair system removal Guide
PCII maps(2000-2001 RC51 custom maps)
PCII versus PCIIIr
PCIIIr installation hints
PCIIIr maps(2000-2001 & 2002 RC51 custom maps)
Race Fuels vs Pump Gas
RC51 Gearing Calculator Excel Spreadsheet

RC51 Shim sizing & placement chartExcel Spreadsheet
Rearsets
Reverse shift pattern (Gp style)
Safety wiring how to
Shock Bearing
Short stack mod

Soft rev limiter
Spark plugs
Steering damper shootout
Stock Air Filter Mod

Suspension Linkages

Tires DOT Race VS Street plus 180 vs 190

Tire Sizes page
Undertail options & pricing
Wheels, Magnesium (forged, cast) & Carbon

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
It's simply a matter of being realistic. These monster RC51 build threads keep coming up and nobody follows through and when they do what have you got for all the effort and expense. Instead of blowing gentle kisses of smoke up each others ass every single time this crap comes around maybe it's time realize that not every bloke that shows up on this site is going to improve upon HRC's factory efforts or at the very least figure out that our production bikes have nothing in common with the Factory Racebikes. They never did...

If you want to help RC51 owners then teach them how to get the most out of a 12 year old bike by doing the things that matter like proper suspension and how to set-up the geometry. Hell some of the members here are still running 190/50 tires which is absolutely silly at best. I mean if any bike needs better handling it is definitely the RC51 and the vast majority of owners will get way more benefits from that than a built race motor that is just going to fail on them.

It's like sports on TV nobody is happy anymore unless it is labeled an EXTREME sport. Everybody wants to see more & more skill, risk and commensurate carnage even though they themselves barely passed P.E. class in grade school.

Nobody is happy with 120rwhp RC51 that could be made to handle in a very respectable fashion so they come here full of ideas that have already been tried in one form or another and short of building a new motor from the cases up like HRC did all they are going to end up with is a grenaded lump of metal if they even get that far.

I am willing to concede to you that certainly I could be nicer as my delivery has always been abrasive, but surely you can agree that my pessimism rings true in these matters more so than the other way around...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.